How do Jehovah's Witnesses differ from first century Christians?

by Vanderhoven7 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Biahi
    Biahi

They didn’t report their preaching time to men.

• ZaneM44
    ZaneM44

They handled sinners the way Jesus instructed. (Mt 18:15-17)

Step three was NOT to take them into a private back room, but to take it to the congregation, who decided by a simple majority vote. (2Co 2:5)

Example: Paul approached Cephas "face-to-face", (Mt 18:15) but seeing that it did not work, and since it was already a public matter, Paul moved immediately to step three and confronted him in front of the whole congregation.

(Galatians 2:14) But when I saw that they were not walking in step with the truth of the good news, I said to Ceʹphas before them all:

And when someone repented they were forgiven, not disfellowshipped and shunned for months on end while they try to prove that when they said "I repent" that they really meant it.

(Luke 17:3, 4) Pay attention to yourselves. If your brother commits a sin, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him. 4 Even if he sins seven times a day against you and he comes back to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.”

For the full article, see "Disfellowshipping in the Early Congregations" here:
    http://da.getmyip.com/PDF/Ramblings

:^)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit