To whom belongs all the Watchtower's wealth?

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby
    If the KH's were smart, they'd go to the bank for the loan, pay a bit more in interest, but own the damn hall afterwards!

Truthseeker,

If they did this......they would disfellowship ALL responsible. This action would NOT be allowed by the society.

Gumby

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

doodle they get away with this because they control people and information. As long as members do not know what really goes on the rulers can do whatever they want. With the power os disfellowshipping and shunning they continue to control

The internet is weaking that control. It is too easy for people to turn on a computer at home and do their own research now without the fear of being caught

BEWARE THE INTERNET - IT WILL SET YOU FREE

• Gadget
    Gadget

Anyone know what other other corporations are owned by the society? Any well known ones? Is there any dodgy deals to be dug up here? If the society run these corporations would the governing body be liable for any legal infringements by them?

• kproscts
    kproscts

It's even better than that, the money the congergation garantees, as a non-profit and a corp. this money is considered capital investments and can be used as additional write off's (not all of the corp's under WT are non-profit). In addition if you think about it, the hard dollars are the land and some of the materials, we build most of it with all of the different trades throught the various congergations. To boot some of the materials are donated and that is a tax write off for the donator as well. Land is picked up "Tax-Free" and sold the same - every wonder what happens with the gain-on-sale when a property is sold. I missed the rebate checks in the mail - damn just my luck.

• amac
    amac

Truthseeker -

Lady Lee pretty much has it right. The only thing I would add is that, yes, thelocal brothers do own the hall and property. However, once it is built, the deed is donated back to the society in every case that I have ever heard of. That is part of the whole "dedication" of the hall.

Have things like this been reported to the media???!!! I'm outraged! Is this legal? Someone help me understand how they've been getting away with this scam for so many years! arrrrrrrrgh! (I feel sick)
    Yes it is legal, because it is all done voluntarily by the bros and sis. They give them money voluntarily, then ask permission to build a hall, then ask permission to borrow money to build the hall, then give the hall to the WT. It is definitely a money making machine.
    Although they charge interest, it is quite nominal and is meant only to cover the rate of inflation so the society doesn't lose the value of the money lent (even though they get a free building out of it.) The whole set up is absurd, but easily swallowable by the average JW because they see it as merely contributing to further God's purpose.
  • truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

People will do anything as long as they believe it is to further God's purpose. I guess its a good way to have people do what you want them to do, make them believe they are doing it for God.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Yes it is legal, because it is all done voluntarily by the bros and sis. >>>amac

ENRON company also stole millions, including the retirement funds "voluntarily" deposited by its employees. ENRON like the WT uses loopholes to legally steal money. This is a problem with morality, but for you is just a contract syntax.

• JH
    JH

The Watchtower Society reminds me of Saddam's way of scaring people into doing whatever he pleased. If you said one word against Saddam,your life was in danger, and if you go against the Watchtower's way of doing business, your life will be short in Watchtowerland.

• happy man
    happy man

gerard.

I dont understand this pease of paper you putt in can you explain what it is how is so bad widh it?

I remeber when you putt in some stuff about the morgan stanley fund, have you find some more about this?

I think if we understand that we have been here seens 1900 , and under this time the market have explodede, the biggest growe ever, if we hade done investments from that time, we must have enormus sume of money,dont you think, and I think someone can find it on internet,beaucause evrything must be reported to goverments, I am surprised that nowan have done this.

• Gerard
    Gerard

happy man,

it is a New York record of property ownership. N.Y property class # 210 stands for one family residence.

The Watchtower bought this house five years ago (09/30/1998) for a quarter million dollars.

The watchtower says we are all equal, but their leaders are more equal than the rest.

How is housing someone in this house going to further the work of God? It is exempt from taxes and likely wrtten off as an "operational expense" while slave labor works for them without contracts and therefore without health insurance or retirement funds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit