The great 1914 turn around

by Sour Grapes 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
    sparky1

Yes, TD. The clock started ticking in the Summer of 1935. At a convention in Washington, D.C. Judge Rutherford declared : "Behold! The great multitude!" as the new identity of the Jehonadab class. That was 83 years ago! I would wager $100,000.00 that 99% of the people that stood up to be identified as the great multitude are now dead and the rest have zero chance of living through Armageddon.

• zeb
  • doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

You missed 1925 - that was even bigger than 1975.... 75% left after that false prophecy!!!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Did anyone take notice if 1914 was at all mentioned in the current regional conventions? I'll bet, if it was mentioned, the number of times the date was used has dropped significantly as compared to 10 or 20 years ago.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its like the WTS just made up dating doctrines specifically to attract attention to its literature, then exploit hapless gullible people who believed in their unscriptural nonsense.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

1914,of course , that was the year that Jesus inspected all of the religions and declared that the WTS was the only religion giving proper spiritual food.

After arriving to establish his kingdom here on earth,,,invisibly...

And that is why you will not die!

• Listener
    Listener

From the Watchtower 1966 10/15

More than thirty-five years in advance, by help of God’s holy spirit, dedicated Bible students calculated the Gentile Times as due to expire in the early autumn of 1914, but the religious clergy of Christendom criticized them and mocked them for publishing such a Bible time schedule. But the events of 1914 silenced the critics, though they were not converted.

I'd say that there are still plenty of critics around to this day, they haven't been silenced at all.

Amongst the many problems the Watchtower faces with this teaching is the fact that there is no one living today that can testify to, or be witnesses of, whatever the orgranization thinks happened in 1914.
  • blownaway
    blownaway

We asked the same thing of the peoples temple and jim jones. The bigger the lies the more the cult members follow.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

At 17 mins the fear & terror strategy is introduced to warn JW's to keep doing more and never miss any meetings.

Anyone who is not part of the cult "God's organization" is going to be toast!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Even Ray stated in CoC, that Knor openly had some doubts about 1914, and that 1914 was the brain child of Freddie.

How can that be, since Rutherford was boss of the gravy train when this idea took hold. I can't see Fred having that much clout at this time, surely.

Edit if true, this religion is completely his brainchild. Totally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit