More assembly fun......

by integ 16 Replies latest jw friends

• integ
    integ

Most of early Friday morning was standard watchtower fare...You know, "wear your lapel badge to restaurants and preach to waiters" etc. etc. But there was some good meat later in the morning during the talk "Glorious prophetic visions spur us on". One point I found interesting was that only the annointed saw Christs acsension to heavenly rulership in 1914. No one else. This was compared to the transfiguration of Jesus. Which was only witnessed by the apostles (annointed as well of course). Also, the speaker brought out that some have been losing "The hope they had at first" by losing their focus, not being able to "grasp" the material in the watchtower mags, and "losing endurance". Fri. aft. brought us the talk "Jehovah's glory revealed to humble ones". Who are the humble ones you may ask? Why of course, it's the Governing Body...The rank and file was also informed that we are acting "impatiently, and impulsively" and that we must, in this critical time of the end, view the ones taking the lead among us, as superior. Later in another talk, the speaker noted that we should be very happy in the knowledge that we are in an organization that tells "no lies" unlike wicked christendom. Then the talk all dubs dreaded... "Avoid the snare of alcohol abuse." It was presented that any amount of alcohol that would make one feel giddy, or cause any impairment whatsoever of their mental faculties, is TOO MUCH. There's more, i'll post it on my next thread. Hope this helps those of you who did'nt have the "privialage" of attending.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Integ: I need a drink.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hi, integ

Thanks for sharing that. I take it this is a 3-dayer? Ya know, assemblies were probably the most fun of all...meeting brothers and sisters I hadn't seen for months (or even years), working in food service (when they still had that) and as an attendant, being out-of-town and seeing new places, a general sense of comraderie.

It's really unfortunate that such a group of people, with a social network and support system that has so much potential, is undermined by that top-down "rank-and-file" mentality. The same of course can be said of the Jewish system; so much wasted potential. And for all the interpretation of prophecy that so pre-occupies the WTS leaders, they miss that most important lesson, even as Paul said about that Jewish system, "These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us..." Jesus drove that point home as he went after the Jewish religious leaders with a vengeance.

Ah, but history repeats itself.

I look forward to your next post.

Craig

• SYN
    SYN

"Glorious prophetic visions spur us on".

But ignore the ones we make!

• hippikon
    hippikon
    some good meat later

What ! Nude Dancers !

• Prisca
    Prisca
    Who are the humble ones you may ask? Why of course, it's the Governing Body...The rank and file was also informed that we are acting "impatiently, and impulsively" and that we must, in this critical time of the end, view the ones taking the lead among us, as superior.

You mean the Governing Body that keeps setting dates, and when they don't transpire as the GB said they would, blame the R&F for "pushing ahead"????

• greven
    greven
    One point I found interesting was that only the annointed saw Christs acsension to heavenly rulership in 1914.

interesting indeed, especially since these annointed published until 1925 that this happened in 1878. So they 'saw' and knew, bur kept it secret? hmmm.

Greven

• blondie
    blondie

Ray, I need a bucket!

Blondie

• Mary
    Mary
    One point I found interesting was that only the annointed saw Christs acsension to heavenly rulership in 1914. No one else. This was compared to the transfiguration of Jesus. Which was only witnessed by the apostles (annointed as well of course).

Well my, my, my, isn't that interesting??? Funny, Brother Russell's books never said this at all. Russell specifically stated time and time that Jesus began ruling "invisibly" in 1878/1879, so I'd really like to know how the annointed "saw" Christ's acension to heavenly rulership 35 years later..........It wasn't until the 1920s, that Booze Rutherford changed the date to 1914.

And I think it's quite interesting that they'd compare this with the Transfiguration. Was this an invisible vision? Nope, the apostles SAW it with their very eyes. Everything in the NT clearly shows that when Jesus DOES finally return, it's going to be VISIBLE, where "every eye will see Him".

I can't believe they're still trying to shove this nauseating bullshit down everyone's throat............

• minimus
    minimus

You see.....We see so many things and yet even though our brain processes the information, we may not realize just what we saw. As a matter of fact, it could be just in a fleeting moment that we see something, yet it is not recalled until someone else brings it back to our attention. Hypnosis proves this to be true. So I think that the anointed remnant of 1914 actually knew and saw Christ becoming King of the established kingdom, but didn't actually appreciate the impact of this momentous event because they needed more discernment. Just as Christ's disciples needed time, experience and knowledge to appreciate the Master, so too did Christ's disciples in the glorious year of 1914. The Watchtower publications ALWAYS noted the year 1914! Yes, our humble, faithful watchman "class" has always been aware and alert for the presence of our Lord. That is why, WE must be alert. We must recognize that without the anointed remnant, we would not be able to understand prophecy, whether it be past or present. Let us give thanks to our Great God for feeding these spiritual truths to the "faithful and discreet slave"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit