For those who like classical music.

by azaria 12 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I love Mozart's "Eine kleine Nachmusik" and Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata".

• azaria
    azaria

SaintSatan: I have Mozart’s Bassoon Concerto, not too much Mozart. Have you ever heard PDQ Bach? If not, you should try to get hold of a copy. It’s pretty old. I heard it about 30 years, and thought it was hysterical. You’d probably enjoy it.

Gopher:

I don’t know the one you mentioned. I have Peer Gynt Suites, which is really nice. Probably one of my greatest wishes as far as music is concerned is to hear Beethovens 9 th live, plus maybe the Moody Blues.

Navigator:

Chopin's Fantasy Impromptu. I’ll have to see about that one. I have some of his work, but not that one.

COMF:

I tried to download the Moldau but when there was just 1min 30sec left it stopped. I’ll try again another time, and I still haven’t tried the other site. You sound a little like me as far as music is concerned. I love rock and sometimes go from rock to the classics, but it does have to have the same sort of mood, if you know what I mean. Thanks for the link.

wasasister:

Thanks for the recommendations. I once heard you either like Beethoven’s even numbered, or odd numbered symphonies. I don’t know if that’s true. I tend to like the odd numbered ones. Really like the others too, but not as much. So in my case I guess it is true.

drwtsn32:

I have both of the ones you mentioned. I love both of them. Sometimes I’m in the mood for heavy music, but many times the lighter stuff. Like DanTheMan says, it can get really intense.

For all:

Another recommendation Sibelius’ Finlandia. Love choral music, would love to get some of Elgars’. If anyone can ever get a hold of Brahms Alto Rhapsody sung by Marion Anderson, it’s well worth it. This gives me goose bumps. Have always felt that deep down in my soul that I’m an opera singer, dying to come out.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Azaria

I'll check out pdq bach. You may like the westminster cathedral choir, sbhs cappella choir, amerling chor, and tallis scholars.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit