The Police vs. Sting

by clash_city_rockers 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

In the late late 70's and early early 80's The Police where absolutly the S**T. They were the coolest New Wave Rock band back in the day. Thier sond was so cool with a slight punky newwave power pop fuesed with white reagge big complex cords played sparingly with a lot of space and with a trippy corrus-flange-echo guitar sound a ballsy bass lead and really wired out energetic hypnotic poly-rythatic drumming thier sound was never matched. Sting on the otherhand since his revolt from his former mates his sound fluffy sentemental pop rubbish. The quality of stings silly tunes will never never never out weigh or out do the superiourity of the sound of the Police. Bottom line sucks mayby so so at best and the Police where just super cool.

Agree or Disagree

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Bottom Line Sting Sucks

• Brummie
    Brummie

I agree the Police where cool, Walking on the moon, so lonely, I cant stand loosing etc. I'm not a sting fan but it would be ironical if he was still churning out records that sounded the same as they did back then. He's moved on, to me he is worse, to others he is better.

Brummie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

And that's why they have chocolate and vanilla.

• dedalus
    dedalus

Well, yeah.

• hippikon
    hippikon

Things Change - I always thought the "Simple Minds" album "Empires and Dance" was fantastic.

alt

“Simple Minds” style has changed completely over the years. Still good but its not the simple minds I knew and loved so I all but rejected it.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Ah, Simple Minds; one of the most appropriate band names ever...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

As ever Clash, you find yourself on the wrong side of things good and upright. Sting has managed to overcome his silly start in the Police, and actually writes/sings a good song here or there, in fact Mercury Falling was full of them.

But then again, I get a strong sense that anything written or sung by anyone not underweight due to amphetamine and nicotine use and not wearing a black, metal studded belt is not going to be well received by you, Clash.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Clash, I'm sure you'll understand what I mean when I saw it's a Clash/Big Audio Dynamite type thing.

Sting showed he had some guts when he made Soul Cages. I think he might have another one like that in him.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Clash, I'm sure you'll understand what I mean when I saw it's a Clash/Big Audio Dynamite type thing.

Sting showed he had some guts when he made Soul Cages. I think he might have another one like that in him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit