JW relationship with a Study?

by MoonChikDayi 15 Replies latest social relationships

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

there are lots of risks, and gambles in this life....but there is something wrong when you feel a religion is a gamble.

True love, UNCONDITIONAL love will stand any test....if you are shunned by your boyfriend and his family because you may be disfellowshipped, then there was never any real love there. If you don't agree with the holidays and blood transfusions, than you will be faking it, and after a few years of that you will find yourself the most miserable person on the planet.

• jgnat
    jgnat

There is no such thing as halfway pursuing this religion. You have to be either "in" or "out". If you get baptized by the Jehovah's Witnesses, you will be expected to follow all of their beliefs, not just some of them. That includes shunning your mother on birthdays, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Since your boy is already "marked", you may never be completely accepted by the society. That means he, by association, will have to give up his spiritual ambitions.

It is lovely for you to take up studying in order to understand your fella better. But this is far more serious than stamp collecting. This religion demands conformity in every area of your life. I am concerned that the word "fear" is repeated so many times. The Christianity that Jesus preached was full of love and trust, not fear (John 14:27 and many others). What you believe and how you conduct your life is a very adult decision, that will affect you every day. I suggest you cancel further study with your friend, and spend some personal study time figuring out what you believe.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Jgnat....kudos for being able to say it the best!!

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

Hi Moon,

I would say go with it for a while and see where it leads you. At 17, I hate to say it, not all relationships work out and you would be stuck in a religion where you would be only able to marry a fellow believer, casual dating tends to be frowned upon. But this may suit you, we don't know you.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl
    No he's not trying to convert me at all... in fact he told me not to do anything for him b/c he doesn't want me to think bad about him if things don't work out and i accept the faith... he left it to my choosing whether i wanted this or not... he didn't mention it, i did. My best friend is JW and she's the one giving me study...

Go back and read some of my posts ........... then RUN !!!!!!!!!!!

• Hamas
    Hamas

Don't do it.

You might really like this guy, love is a strong thing, but there will be others. A relationship with a Witness only leads to on thing; a life of misery. Take me word for it, and the others here.

The religion you are looking into is false. Your thoughts for this guy may intice you to look into the Watchtower, that is your decision. All we can offer you is advice. Take it while you still can.

Welcome to the board

www.escapethewatchtower.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit