Who is your least favorite GB member?

by logansrun 16 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

Okay, I always look with suspicion on topics that talk about how evil certain JWs are, but I am a little curious about this -- who are the "bad guys" on the GB and who are the "good guys" (if any)?

My experience: Ted Jaracz -- THE Bad guy. I've discussed a little of my contact with him in the past. (mainly the condescending and ultra-conservative teaching at SADs)

I was also visiting Patterson when I heard a "morning worshp" by Brother Lett. He came down pretty hard on Bethelites who still talked to DFd family members, calling it disloyalty. (At the time the WT website said that JWs do not shun DFd family members. I was going through some serious doubts at the time of my visit, which was a last ditch effort to save my faith. It didn't)

Samuel Herd -- I heard him speak once. Seemed pretty down to earth. I liked him.

Albert Schroeder -- I have a couple talks on tape that he gave about twenty odd years ago (he called the Kingdom Ministry "Our Kingdom Service" indicative of the time period). He actually was rather funny to listen to and seemd very friendly. I was impressed.

Dan Sydlic -- Everybody's favorite.

That's my take.

Bradley

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002
    Who is your least favorite GB member?

After viewing the Panorama special on BBC last year which discussed the pedophile issue and had a brief interview with Ted Jaracz, I would say he is my least favorite currently.

The man reeks of arrogance and disrespect for others. Just watching the interview you could sense his contempt for any and all who would dare question him.

I for one will be glad when the old man is dead. It won't be long now for him anyway. Then I can celebrate and go piss on his grave..

• logansrun
    logansrun

Reborn,

I didn't see the Panorama special. I'm surprised a GB member was on tape, actually. Usually, it seems that the resident WT spin-doctor (JR Brown) is the only man who coos the public.

I agree, I got the distinct impression that TJ was very, very arrogant from viewing him in public.

B

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

At one point in time the Panorama special was available on this website via the "Streaming Media" section which housed all the television video feeds including silentlambs, Connie Chung, and the BBC documentary.

I am sure some members on this board have it available. You may want to ask Simon and perhaps it could be provided for you. Then you could see Ted Jaracz snide comments for yourself.

• herk
    herk

Carey Barber - Nice old company man. Easy to talk to, even if you're down and have some complaints. He'll share one or two of his own.

Bert Schroeder - A real phony. Proud enough to think he and anybody of the "anointed" class are special giants walking among men. But he's humble enough to take the punches, and he has gotten some over the years, some deserved and some not, in my opinion.

Jack Barr - Pleasant, generally cheerful and positive. Tends to think everybody has the same good opinion he has of his own speeches.

Dan Sydlik - Everybody's favorite. Can keep a confidence. Tries more than any of the other old-timers on the body to go by the Bible, sometimes even if it's not quite the WT interpretation.

Ted Jaracz - A cross between Hitler and Dracula. Plays favorites. Nice only to those who are especially nice to him.

Sam Herd - A real company man, but very likable and compassionate. Tries hard to follow the Bible as he understands it (= as it's explained by the organization).

Guy Pierce, Gerrit Lösch, David Splane, and Stephen Lett - Nothing special. You'd be on the governing body too if you were male, claimed to be of the anointed, worked hard for the organization, and did a good job of buttering up the leaders of the staff. Each does try to follow the Bible - as it's explained by the Society's literature. There are throngs of other men in full-time service, in and out of Bethel, who have shown far more devotion to the organization than any of these, but they're not on the GB due to belonging to the inferior "other sheep class."

Only Barber, Barr and Schroeder claimed to be of the "anointed" before the cut-off date of 1935. That tells us something about the rest. You had to have a strong personality to stick your neck out and claim to be of that "class" after 1935. I know others who did and who are no longer JWs or are nobodies in the organization due to the badgering they got during the years they partook at the Memorial.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I've never met any of them, save for Fred Franz once, just briefly, and Carey Barber, just briefly, after he delivered atlks at a Circuit Assembly. They were lined up afterwards to greet Barber. Funny, no one lines up to greet any other speakers.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Ted Jaracz gives me the creeps. He appears to be very arrogant and hard-nosed.

• DubbedNoMore
    DubbedNoMore

Hello Everyone .. This is my first posting .. I have been coming to this website and reading and learning for about two years ... I have learned alot and this site has helped me free myself from the organization. Thank you all ..

My least favorite GB is without a doubt Ted Jarez. he was my C/O just befor he became a GB member. I was about 19 and I took the week off to work with him in service. The day that I worked with him, all he did was ask me about another brother, who was out inservice that day. He seemed to be very interested in this brother. He never asked anything about me or said anything of encouragement to me. We went to three or four doors with no one answering. Then we approached a door and a little boy about 11 answered. Ted said to me " You take this one" and he walked away from the door and met up with the brother that he kept asking me about. He never worked with me again. I never had anyone else ever do that nor have I ever seen anyone do that other than him.

Later in the week, my Aunt had the privillage of having him and his wife over for diner.( gagging). Her intentions were for my Uncle to be encouraged by his visit, since he was inactive. When my Aunt signed up to feed him, she was told what to prepare. He was on a special diet and she had to make what it a certain way. Ted's and his wife came and his wife helped my Aunt prepare the meal. She was there to make sure that it was what he could eat. The meal went fine, but afterward was something else. My Aunt and ted's wife cleared the table and stayed in the kitchen and washed the dishes. Meanwhile my Uncle and I were with him. Instead of having a conversation with us or trying to encourage my Uncle, he sat there and asked for the newspaper. He sat at the table and read the paper in front of us. Holding the paper up covering his face from us. My Uncle tried to talk to him, but he would only give a quick response and continued reading. To this day my Uncle and I still talk about the arrogence of that man.

• shamus
    shamus

Hi! Welcome to the board!

Yes, that's a pretty funny story, all right. Not funny ha ha. JW's are very arrogant, and self-rightcheous. They pretend to have love for everyone, but they have none.

• DubbedNoMore
    DubbedNoMore

Thank you ... It is good to have a place to come to where people have come to understand the falsehood of the religion. Without this site I would be alone. It has been a great sorce of encouragement .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit