The Power Of The Organization

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The theme of the CO's visit was that SOME will die before Armageddon but the rest of us WILL live in the paradise. He mentioned this a number of times. What would the average JW think hearing this so often???

• herk
  • herk
  • Litebriterstill
    Litebriterstill

Yes, there is certainly power in the organization. We dropped out 5yrs. ago, moved to Las Vegas and decided to visit a local Hall for the talk. Upon leaving we were asked our name. Several months later we attended the memorial at that same hall. We were approached and asked what we were doing there? I asked the elder what he was told by the society about us that he would ask such an unkind question on such an important occasion. He stammered and wouldn't answer me. I personally know 3 elders that have stepped down and away quietly. Far to bossy for me....

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Somebody somewhere on this forum got me started thinking about "earthly paradise" and what that would be like. I can't imagine it for myself since much of the interest and pleasure in life comes from overcoming obstacles, helping other people through hard times. So the closest I can come to is thinking, "earthly paradise" will have to be different for everybody. But who gets to have problems so I can enjoy helping them? I mean, really. No matter religions turn to fear of god's wrath--it is much easier to imagine that than to imagine eternal happiness. But what breaks my heart is all the fear. So many wasted lives and for what. I really am sorry.

• minimus
    minimus

Island Woman called the organization "a machine". It is just an automated machine. It has no conscience or values. It just tries to manafacture synthetic Christians.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    the org is powerful because people think it is.

Got it in one, Teejay! Dansk

• Gadget
    Gadget

Just think about how big a part the organisation has in peoples lives. People are brought up in it, all their family are in it, all their friends are in it, they may work with people in it. So if they don't completely follow the organisation, They stand to lose virtually every single thing that they have. Most people wouldn't risk that, and you can spot them a mile off in any kingdom hall you go in.

• minimus
    minimus

GADGET, WELCOME!!! That's why it's so important to make new friends BEFORE you even think about leaving the organization. Otherwise, you'll have no one to turn to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit