O neg universal doner

by bikerchic 11 Replies latest watchtower medical

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

So I donate blood because I can. I donate every 4 months when the bloodmobile comes to my place of work. I know it helps.

What about you, do you donate blood? Would you donate blood if you could?

• charonsdog
    charonsdog

Good on you, Bikerchic. Sadly, I have no clue what my blood type even is. All those years of indoctrination made me think that it was irrelevant to know. Next time I get a physical and blood work done, I'll be sure to ask.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I understand the indoctrination charonsdog. It's a very freeing feeling for me to donate, knowing that my blood will help someone else.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Awesome

I haven't donated for several years but I have a few times in the past

I give back when I can because someone gave their blood so I could live

A blood transfusion saved my life

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

I did until my travels and health prevented it. I have worked with blood donation sites as a helper.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I want to the next time the mobile unit comes to my town. Good for you bikerchic.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m too old to donate blood so the next best thing for me was to become an Organ Donner and hopefully it will help some one.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I donate and have ever since leaving the JW's a decade ago. It was the first thing I did with my new-found freedom !

Before I donated I was not aware of my Blood Group, which is B Positive, kind of my motto in life !

• TD
    TD

What about you, do you donate blood?

Yes: A+, CMV negative.

There are health benefits to donation, especially for men over 50. (Helps to prevent iron overload)

• Giordano
    Giordano

To understand and appreciate the consequences that Bikerchic's blood donations really mean here is what she is doing:

"As an O Negative blood donor you have a particularly unique opportunity to help people in emergency situations. O Negative blood cells are called “universal” meaning they can be transfused to almost any patient in need, and only 6.6% of the population has O Negative blood."

So that life she saves may be yours or mine or our children in the event of a fast moving traumatic injury.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit