Sex Offender in my neighborhood

by Princess 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess

We just got a notice in the mail today that a level 2 sex offender is living in our neighborhood. They didn't give an address, just cross streets. He lives two blocks from us which is directly next door to the elementary school my kids will go to in September. By next door I mean literally next door to the school. I'm just sick about it. The notice was that there will be a community meeting on Wednesday to give us more information.

Does anyone know what "level 2" means?

Any thoughts? What would you do? Anyone else have this happen?

I'm hoping they will provide a picture of the guy, I absolutely have to know what he looks like. My kids should know what he looks like.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Princess,

In our State there is an On-Line Data Base Of Child Sex Offenders.

It shows pictures and gives the name of the town they live in.

Scary thing of it is some of the descriptions say they do not know whereabouts!!

Means the jerks took off and they lost track of them!!

If it is at all possible take your kids to school each morning and pick them up after.

Also, if you can insist NO outside recess until the sex offender moves!

Most sex offenders are not aloud to move into an apartment building that has children!

How they could allow a child sex offender to move right next to a school is beyond me!

Some sex offenders who are sorry (as if that makes the past better) do come out themselves and let their neighbors know who they are.

This is rare but I do know a man who was convicted and served time who does this.

From what I’ve read of you here you’re very out spoken and I am sure you will give everyone at the community meeting an ear full!

{{{{{{hugz}}}}} sweety,

Utopian_Raindrops

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    We just got a notice in the mail today

Who'd the notice come from, Princess? The state authorities? Interested to know.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Hamas
    Hamas

If a sex offender was in my neighbourhood, I'd be making Molotov Cocktails as we speak.

He wouldn't stay for long, I promise you that.

• ISP
    ISP

I dont think they give pictures out. So its not easy to know much more.

ISP

• blondie
    blondie
    Level 2
    Level 2 offenders have a moderate risk of re-offending. They generally have more than one victim and the abuse may be long term. These offenders usually groom their victims and may use threats to commit their crimes. These crimes may be predatory with the offender using a position of trust to commit their crimes. Typically these individuals do not appreciate the damage they have done to their victims.

http://www.metrokc.gov/sheriff/sosch.htm#info

The above site may be helpful for additional information.

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

Hi Princess,

I went last week to our local police department and obtained a list of local sex offenders with their addresses. Maybe you could call and see if this is available in your area.

Sadie

• Princess
    Princess

Thanks for the info. Ozzie, it came from the sheriff I believe, I'll check on that. Thanks blondie for the level 2 definition. Makes me feel worse.

I went last week to our local police department and obtained a list of local sex offenders with their addresses. Maybe you could call and see if this is available in your area.

Good idea.

I have already planned on walking the kids to and from school everyday so that isn't a problem. I also plan to call the school principal to make sure she is planning on going to the community meeting. I hate the thought of locking down my kids for the summer though. I don't let them roam freely about the neighborhood but I do give them some room.

How they can allow a sex offender to live next door to an elementary school is just beyond me.

I'll keep you all posted.

(editied to correct a mis-spelled word)

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Princess I don't know why they even let the bastards back out into society, but hey that's just my .02.

You have to know preditors will stay where their prey is, sad but true. I would never trust anyone alone with my kids, anyone!

You may suggest to the principal that the school present some information to the children on how to react to strangers, and to those they know who get "touchy-feely" with them. There are programs out there and it would be worth a looksee. I'm sure the principal has access to the different programs available.

Thanks blondie for that link!

Katie

• Princess
    Princess

I checked the link to blondie, thanks. King county gives out more information than Snohomish county. I checked the level two area of Snohomish county and it said they only give that information to schools, daycares, etc. Apparently since my children don't go to the local school yet and I don't put them in daycare, I'm not entitled to that information. We'll see about that. Under the level three classification they give the offender's full name, cross streets of residence and a picture.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit