Shouldn't JWs ALSO go to prison if minor dies due to blood restriction?

by herk 25 Replies latest jw friends

• herk
    herk
    a blood trasfution does not a guarantee a patient's survival.

How typical of JW ignorance and arrogance! Far, far more lives have been saved by transfusions than have been saved by refusing them. Like the Pharisees who condemned Jesus for healing on the Sabbath, JWs today condemn the good others do simply because those others don't comply with the JW pharisaical interpretations of the Law. Jesus told the Pharisees they would rescue a sheep from a pit on the Sabbath, but JWs would prefer to see a human child die than to have the child's parents break their human twisting of what the Scriptures really mean. Jesus gave his own blood to save others. JWs talk big about following his example, yet strangely they look down on others who would go that far to save others.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Herk, I repeat,

When you were a JW did you ever support or agree with the blood policy?

IW

• herk
  • IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Herk, I repeat,

IW

• manon
    manon

It is a parents responsibility to protect the welfare of the child. Parents must always be held accountable for the well being of their children. Parents who do not adhere to the law and endanger the child by choosing to sacrifice or make martyrs of them for what ever their belief systems should be brought to justice and dealt with accordingly.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hello Manon,

You wrote:

It is a parents responsibility to protect the welfare of the child. Parents must always be held accountable for the well being of their children.

Does this apply to parents who encourage their children to join the military where they will follow the law of whatever politician happens to be in control, even to the point of death, a death that may only be because of political gain? A death which may later prove to be in vain and useless?

Are those parents also subject to accountability?

IW

• wednesday
    wednesday

Here in the dallas area, with Childrens Medical Center , this is were a lot of children go for treatment. They most certainly will take custody of a minor child and give blood, or any other necessary treatment. Usually they return the child to the parents custody afterward. Jws have been know to flee hospitls to avoid this. for this they could be arrested. It's a tricky thing b/c it involves religion, but around her, if the child is a minor, a judge will step in and give blood. The only time i have not seen this, is if a blood transfusion would make little difference for the child. Even then, they will try to give blood. even with the brothers there from the bloodless groups. if it is a very young child, they step in. Once in the 80's they forced blood on an adult woman. Of course that would rarely happen now.

the bloodless people have worked hard to ensure their rights, but i found out when my mom had surgery, that what it really meant: they were ok with her not taking blood, but it just meant they were ok to let her die, if she wished. They weren't going to knock themselves out to save her.

they should go to jail. Bet they would get "new light' on it if they did.JWS use religious freedom to get away with murder.

• herk
    herk
    JWs use religious freedom to get away with murder.

They sure do!

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Herk, I repeat,

IW

• manon
    manon

Hi IW

I would have to answer no to your question. In the USA in order to join the military you must be 18 years or older you're considered an adult at this age. The parent no longer has the responsibility or the legal right to make these types of choices or decisions on behalf of the young adult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit