Comments You Will Not Hear at the 5-25-03 WT Study

by blondie 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Francois,

Eloquent as usual.

And how, in today's society, does this uneducated (likely) sister prevail against the peer pressure her children will meet to drink, use drugs, engage in unprotected sex and a host of other societal ills?

Yes, many elders are just words, no actions (I wonder if their sex life is that way). I know of individual elders who have tried through the congregation to give practical help to such families only to be shot down by the rest of the elder body. Oh, they will point out that there are worldly organizations designed to help them at times, but do they help them figure out the maze of bureauracy? No. I was a child in a "divided" household and know what kind of help we didn’t get. I had to beg a brother to give my younger brothers some attention before they ended up in the prison cycle. Fortunately, one kind man did but he was counseled severely by the elder body. I guess they were afraid he would get romantically involved with my mother. He didn’t listen to them though.

Where is the love?!

KGB,

Welcome to the board.

A lot of the young that was in the KH when I was attending either quit going or have been DF`d.

Yes, that trend is circuitwide where I live in spite of their efforts to hide it. When you have 3 parts to your circuit and they have to use the same teenagers for the demos in all 3 parts, you know that teenagers that are good examples are in short supply.

Rocketman,

They were the ones indulging in underage drinking

When I lived by Wallkill, this was a big problem with the 19 to 20 year old brothers. I was surprised at the amount of drinking in general at Bethel. I was even more surprised at the older ones that bought beer for the young Bethelites. It has been an ongoing problem in my area. With my contacts with AA and Al-Anon, I have been surprised at the number of young JWs involved. I’m glad they are getting help though.

The WTS philosophy is that it only exists as a problem if someone knows, the Emperor’s New Clothes syndrome.

Concerned mama,

I don't know a lot of JW teens, but of the ones I do know, rocketman, your comments are right on the money.

Batting 1000 out of 1000, CM? I wonder what the odds are of that. When I was growing up I was labeled as bad association because my father was not a JW and the kids whose parents were both JWs were held up as examples. They were doing all the things I was accused of. One time a sister told her mother that she had gone to a movie with me to cover up that she had gone with her non-witness boyfriend. When I told the mother I had not gone with her, she called me a liar and that I wanted to get her daughter in trouble. Yah, right!

Run don’t walk

Welcome to the board.

like your comments, hope you keep it going for a long time.

Unfortunately, you are coming in at the end of my reviews. I started when I was still attending the meetings and found them difficult to stomach. I have not been for about 6 months now and enjoy the wonderful relief of not listening to the regurgitation of the WTS doctrine. I have about 4 left to go (you were right Gopher) and then I will have no more current WTs. With the end of subscriptions, current magazines have to be obtained at the KH (not on your life) or delivered by a faithful JW (are you crazy). I’m finding it difficult to hang on to my edge without it affecting me mentally. I will try to have a summary of how to carefully consider the WTS dogma for those who still have to attend some meetings because of being trapped by circumstances.

Blondie (of the Vomit Class)

• Hamas
    Hamas

Yes Blondie, a very informative post thanks very much.

It's amazing how much information is available on this site, people around here are so informed and Blondie you are no exception. Thanks again for your post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit