Top Ten Signs Your Congregation May Be Dying

by metatron 26 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Not necessarily in order of importance:

Number One: Your Theocratic Ministry School had a "A", "B", and "C" school

then it had an "A" and a "B"

now it has only an "A"

Other Clues: many of the elder's wives aren't even in it. The Ministry School Overseer is tired of assigning talks

to sisters who won't show up because they "aren't speaking to each other".

Number Two: Your elders are mostly "zeros" - The original purpose of a zero is as a "place-holder". In this case, most of the

elders are "ministers -without-portfolio" who do nothing. This status is especially popular with elders who already

hold a title that is questionable - like being called "Doctor" as a chiropracter, naturopath, or herbologist. You won't

find these guys as Secretary or P.O. or Ministry School Overseer - because they involve regular attendance and

effort.

Another Clue: Note how many of the elders are gone nearly every weekend - doesn't help the attendance , does it?

Number Three: Your congregation is almost entirely attended by those related to the elder body. In effect, THEY ARE the

congregation! This is almost humorous as it creates a congregation that is almost "self-referenced- further isolating

it as a cult apart from any neighborhood it's in.

Clues here? Do much of the congregation have the same last names? If you wanna be an elder ( and you aren't

one of the local "nomenklatura", you and your family might be put under a magnifying glass , examining any thing

remotely critical. If you are Sister Welfare, expect that your kid will be quickly df'd for any infraction, while

Johnny Elderson gets away with everything.

Number Four: The Circuit Overseer is Upset ( newly appointed) or Quietly Resigned to the Fact that Nothing Will Change.(Wise Old

Timer) One of the funniest things that can happen is when a hothead C.O. wants to fire elders but can't because they are

all related - or strongly conspiratorial( good old boys / "made" men) OR NOBODY WANTS THE JOB!!!!!!! This later hilarity ensues

when Brother C.O. tells the body that Brother Accounts/Presiding/Secretary/MinistrySchool is out and everyone refuses the

assignment that's now open. They may actually turn on each other ( "I know Brother Next-To-Me can do it" - "No, I Can't!")

Number Five: Nearly all your bookstudies are held at the Kingdom Hall - because, of course, every elder's wife told her

husband - "NO WAY!". (See Feb KM for further details) Oh, Sister Welfare offered her tiny apartment

but that's in a dimly lit neighborhood that smells of urine and malt-liquor. Not a Good Idea.

Number Six: Your territory has disappeared. In some rapidly changing areas, a population may get pushed out by industry

or new homes may be "walled off" in private gated enclaves. The remainder get Witnessed - to- Death

( "You were here last Week!)

Number Seven: Your congregation is mostly "ghost publishers" - How do these people get their time in when you never see

them out in service? You may have "ghost pioneers" too. Somehow, hours get counted....

Another clue: Ministries/ visits to institutions vanish. Brothers stop going to Bible Studies in Nursing

homes and Jails because it requires real attendance.

Number Eight: Your Only Ministerial Servant has gray hair. Where's the elders of tomorrow? Where have all the young

gone? Once the deadheads die off, where's the team on the bench to take over?

Number Nine: The congregation has adapted to the exodus of young Witnesses. Everyone expects nearly every

Witness kid to leave or get df'd when their hormones kick in. Adaptation? Send 'em to college with

the threat that they have to 'stay in the truth'. Poorer familes MAKE SURE THEIR KIDS NEVER GET
    BAPTIZED! This irks the elders - who can't do anything about it.

Elders' kids get baptized after Dad threatens that "if you aren't mature enough to get baptized, you may

not be mature enough to use the car!". It works - and being elders' kids, much of what they do can be covered up

(see number three)

Number Ten: Attendance slowly goes down - where's the elders on a weekend? Where are all these people who count as

publishers? They all show up for the Memorial and the C.O.! More Rice Christians in the "Truth"

Must be the influence of that dammed Internet.....

Have fun with these and add your own!

metatron

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Very, very true! Well done, metatron. Much food for thought here.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Satanus
    Satanus

Really good. Makes me want to go back to a meeting in one of these disfunctional congs just to see the deadheads. Besides, an apostate visit would give them something to talk about for months.

SS

• blondie
    blondie

So very true, metatron. Definitely, you have the insider's view to things. I wonder how many JWs see this?

Blondie

• JT
    JT

great post

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Yes, thats about it.

HCM

• happy man
    happy man

well freinds I think you have been a club fore internal praise, Metatrons wuie is fare from reality, more of a what he hope is the reality.

Here In Sweden we have the same situation as we have all the time, not any bigg diffrence.

In our cong we have a few young girls how baptised and very active, we have also some new from the districkt.I think that this TV program about abuse have strengted the cong, and some see now that the end is near, all terribel lying about Jehovas peopel is proof inaf, and they say from podium this is only the start, we have to wait much more soon.

When it comes to elders , it is not any bigg differens from before, some leave some come inn.

I have check widh my friend in US , and they say the same, I think this increes in US last year was surprising, at least if you read on this sites, then you bellive it is soon end of this religion evrything is a mess, but the reality is fare from that, we are growing even in US.

So Perhaps it is some desinformation on this sites, or is it former members how háve benn in bad congs?

I must say I am impressed how efecktive our organisaition is when media start to take something upp, they turn this to ther one advantage vey quick, I can see how difficult it is to tell anything about this issu , if you do you are look at as not so good brother.

this was a look in our org now, from one how is still in, so listen and learn, this peopel how is been out fore years dont now the situation now I think.

love from HM

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Please tell me that ^ was a joke.

The first post was spot on. I've been in several congregations, and they're all just like that. How blind the brainwashed really are, eh?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Happy man is right on, and has seen through Metatron's veil of illusion.

Jehovah's Witnesses are the happiest people on earth, and that is why they are growing at such a rapid rate in all industrialized nations as well as the Tarzan territories.

The WTB&TS is Jehovah's spanking CLEAN organization, the envy of all who behold them.

...almost forgot: Remember, the END is near! Any day now! All these rainstorms and droughts are proof, as is all this war and peace. Not to mention global warming and global cooling. It's all so clear.

LA DE DAH, LA DE DAH, MERRILY, MERRILY, MERRILY, MERRILY, LIFE IS BUT A DREAM...

OUCH! I BIT MY TONGUE!

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hey, Nathan!

...almost forgot: Remember, the END is near! Any day now! All these rainstorms and droughts are proof, as is all this war and peace. Not to mention global warming and global cooling. It's all so clear

LOLOLOLOL

Metatron,

I, of course, never analyzed it when I was in, but your observations sound very familiar. I keep being tempted to go to my old KH just to see who is still around. Cars look sparse nowadays, and they had a split just before I left, so I've been guessing it's the elders and their families - lol.

HappyMan,

Maybe there's a difference in culture which explains your congregation's increase. But, those girls who got baptized, were they elders' daughters? When you are out in service, do the householders bring up the TV program and the pedophile program? (Did Anders ever get to publish his rebuttal to the Society's lying advertisement? But then, maybe he doesn't have the funds the WT Society Branch does. And how do you feel about your donations going to the print media in such a way?) And in Sweden, as in the US, were the requirements for a Witness to be counted as active lowered to 15 minutes per month? That might be a reason for the increase in publishers, no? What do you think?

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit