My girl is HOME!

by els 16 Replies latest jw friends

• els
    els

My daughter Meghan graduated from college this past Saturday. It was actually a beautiful day in New Hampshire for a change. I was so proud when she walked across that stage and accepted her diploma. The only person in my family to ever go to college. People kept asking me if I was going to cry and I said, "Why would I cry?, look what she's done and she's coming home." Just for a moment I allowed myself to feel a little sad that none of my family was there. To think why couldn't they put their feelings aside to be there for her. But then I thought I didn't need them there being all judgemental and disapproving. I have enough love and approval for her to make up for my whole family. And you know what? It's OK! And she didn't invite them anyway. She doesn't want anything to do with them because of how they treat me. els

• COMF
    COMF

Sounds like you've got the right take on it, els. Give her a congratulatory hug for us.

• shamus
    shamus

Good for you! You don't need hypocrites in your life, nor does your daughter. Sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders and you should be proud! Good for you, and congrats to your daughter.

• Mystery
    Mystery

Congradulations!

Your daughters love is unconditional, apparently she learned a lot from her mom.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Congrats! And then, give her lots of hugs!!!!! :D ~Aztec

• Freedomrules
    Freedomrules

Congrats! Did she go to UNH? I graduated from UNH in 2001. Go Wildcats!

• els
    els

FreedomRules, She went to Colby-Sawyer. It's expensive but a great education. I call her my Financial Aid Wonder Kid. She got so much in scholarships and grants. Now as soon as we both pay off our loans we're all set. I tell her that now she can afford the good nursing home. els

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

That's great! Tell Meghan congratulations from us! You must be so proud. How sad that your family wouldn't be proud of her. They obviously don't know what they are missing out on. They are the losers in this picture.

• acsot
    acsot

Hey els! You must be so proud! I'm very happy for you!

Congratulations!!!

• Litebriterstill
    Litebriterstill

Good for you ElS and congratulations to your daughter. My daughter now 24, was raised JW. We walked away about 5yrs. ago. She never got anything from our Catholic families because they were mad we left the church and because of the borg beliefs. She graduated grammer,high,col.,and flight attendant schools without so much as a congratulation card although they sure send us announcement notices for all their kids happenings. I have 10 brothers and sisters who all have kids graduating and wed and birth announcements. I adopted a 2yr.old Chinese girl 7yrs. ago. who got nothing and continues to get nothing from my family. It's sad but one must go on and keep their relative happiness about any situation.

Lots of love to your family...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit