Yerusalyim

by pr_capone 44 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I couldnt help but notice that you are in BDU's in your profile pic. Where do you serve?

Kansas District Overbeer

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I currently serve at the US Army Chaplain Center and School at Ft Jackson, SC. I work in Combat Development as Cheif/Current Operations and as the Training Integrator.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I am a Private First Class in the Army National Guard. I serve with the 35th MP Company in Topeka, Kansas... well... as an MP.

Enlisted of Officer?

Kansas District Overbeer

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'm Enlisted, I'm a SFC, just finished ANCOC. I used to travel out to Topeka about once a year for conferences at the Menninger Clinic. You're not a patient there, are ya?

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

LOL, thankfully not. I am actually newly enlisted as of April, 11th. I will join the full time Army after Basic. My rank will transfer over and I hope to get (as I will be putting in for transfer) to Ft. Buchannon in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

My ship date for Basic is Sept, 30th. Any tips?

Kansas District Overbeer

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Where are you going to do Basic, here at Ft Jackson? What's your MOS.

Advice? Show up at the right place, at the right time, in the right uniform, with the right attitude, that's more than half of soldiering, you'd be suprised at how seldom the younger soldiers (and some of the older ones) "get it".

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I am an MP Radio Driver for 95 Bravo. My unit is in Topeka, Kansas though I live in Wichita.

My basic will take place in Ft. Lennarwood (lost in the woods) in Missouri.

Good stuff to know.... I want to know as much as I can ahead of time. I *WILL NOT* flunk out of Basic. I have wanted to do this for as long as I can remember. I've got my opportunity now.

I have been thinking of switching to 98 Golf (Voice Interceptor) after basic as well. Better pay and a promotion in rank goes along with it.

Kansas District Overbeer

• JeffT
    JeffT

Thank you both (with a salute, even though I'm a civilian) for your service the country.

PR, sincere wishes for a good career.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Thanks Jeff... I really do appreciate it.

Kansas District Overbeer

• Curious Mind
    Curious Mind

When i did recruits i just kept thinking that even the instructors were recruits once and if they can do it so can i and i wanted to be able to finish and look my family in the eye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit