Matthew 28-- the whole chapter.

by somebody 13 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

:Somebody,

Is God and Jesus one in the same? Or, as the WTS teaches, are God and Jesus two separate and distinct individuals?

There it is !!..the dreaded question! :-)

I believe that God and Jesus are separate. It gets very complicated and I start getting very confused because some scriptures I read make it seem that they are 1, and some scriptures I read make it seem that they are separate. I still belive that they are 2. Father and Son.

till whenever,
    somebody

~~~~Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.~~~~

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Somebody: So if Jesus has all the power, is God subservient to him?

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• somebody
    somebody

Frenchy,

No.....Jesus was subservient to his Father while here on earth, as a man, and he still is. God GAVE his son as a ransom so that we may be forgiven our sins. After Jesus was resurrected, he told his disciples that he was given ALL power/authority in the heavens and the earth. Therefore, he was telling them that they must be subserviant to him now. That was the main teaching that Paul preached in the Corinthians too. I take it very seriously. It is God's will that we be subserviant to his son, Jesus Christ. If my own father gave me power over all that was his, does that mean that I no longer had to be subserviant to him, as my father? No...it wouldn't. Does that mean that he would have to be subserviant to me? No...it doesn't. That is why I still pray to God, but through his son.

That's the best way I can explain what I believe.

till next time,
    somebody

~~~~~Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing.~~~~~~~~

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Somebody: Okay, I wasn't sure what you were getting at. Thanks for the reply.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit