Taking up a Cause

by OnTheWayOut 12 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OTWO:

I'm not interested in taking up any "causes" either....My philosophy is like Rick's in Casablanca.

I wasted time in the Witness religion, plus I worked at a full-time job my whole life. I gave enough.....While others may want to get involved in various things and volunteering, etc., and imagine that a retiree would want to, I'm NOT interested.

The only time you would see me volunteer is if there were an emergency in my community or helping neighbors after a hurricane or something like that.

• JRK
    JRK

OTWO,

I think your cause should be to see more concerts. I think you should start this weekend.

JK

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Replies on page 2:
    LongHairGal- Okay, so you give me more to add to my answer.
    "No, I will be content to work and get by then retire and sit in the sun with a good book and a cold water. Other than random acts of kindness and helping out in a crisis or disaster, no specific causes for me. I picked up a specific cause once before, and I was so deeply involved in it, really thought it was important and put so much of myself into it, but it turned out that I was SO WRONG. I don't want to do that again."

JRK- Okay, I could go that route too.
    "Well, I am involved in a cause. I am spreading peace and love and rock 'n roll, one concert at a time."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit