Were All Early Christians Preachers?

by OHappyDay 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha
    Rome was a cruel, nasty place.

It was cruel, yes, but better then most places. If you had to live anywhere in the western hemisphere back then, Rome was the place to be. Sanitation, entertainment, jobs, security. Women from all over the globe at prices that could not be beat!

It's been suggested that a good many of the early christians were marginals of society. Untill Constantine became an Xtian there was no guarantee that Christianity would become the major religion it is today.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Actually, I was referring to religions that have been growing just recently joker10, though I should have been more clear.

Recently, in this area, a new church was dedicated, and the newspaper mentioned that the church had grown so much that it had to build an auditorium that seats 2,000. They had started out in just a small building. I doubt that politics was instrumental in that church's growth. People talk about their faith, some preach, some live the example, some talk informally, some bear witness to their faith in other ways - perhaps just by passing out handbills to attend a church, which I've seen in my locale at times.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

In his book ,"IN SEARCH OF CHRISTIAN FREEDOM ",RAY FRANZ gives a clear,concise answer to the question you posted.Chapter 7,"From House to House".

• caligirl
    caligirl

The scripture mentioned about some being given as evangelizers was one of my big peeves, as well as reporting time, etc. I always felt that it was wrong to insist that EVERYONE do it when the bible clearly states that not everyone is qualified/cut out to do the same thing. My mother has been a pioneer since I was 12, has as much as admitted that she HATES it, and her health has suffered for the emotional toll of forcing herself to go and do this for all these years. I am still holding out hope that one day before they die, my parents will see the light and quit while they can still enjoy life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit