Have fun with todays text!!

by unique1 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Uzzah
    Uzzah
    Let the older men who preside in a fine way be reckoned worthy of double honor," wrote the apostle Paul. (1Tim. 5:17)

This begs the question, what about those that don't preside in a fine manner?

Uzzah

• unique1
    unique1

INTEG: LMAO!!!!! That was classic.

• happyout
    happyout

NO NO NO (puts hands over mouth and runs to the toilet to throw up)

• Buster
    Buster

First, they are using a scripture snippet out of context and trying to make us believe it directs us in a way it does not. They imply that we are to accept and obey all teachings of the establishment. But that is not what the TImothy scripture is about.

First, I want to echo Uzzah: That scripture has a clause about 'presiding in a fine way.' That clause brings with it the authority/responsibility to decide who is leading in a fine way. We get to decide! We are are NOT to blindly follow! That scripture implies the exact opposite of what they are trying to say.

Second, funny how they leave out the clause about 'especially those laboring in doctrine.' That implies a certain subset(I feel it is a small subset), and not all of the leaders are worthy of that 'double honor'.

That brings me to that 'double honor': The supporting principle later cited is the oxen not being muzzled while working. Funny how they left that part out as well. This scripture is about these dedicated, fine leaders in the doctrine needing and getting some form of material support.

Those scriptures are completely out of context! They are purposely misleading, and in some ways imply the exact opposite of what they intend us to infer.

- Cliff (of the 'wanna throw up' class)

• shamus
    shamus

Hmmm...

I like how their first argument is pretty much scripture free, then the latter is full of scriptures.... I do believe in giving people double honor whom take the lead. However, I don't see how / why they expect us to believe that we should follow them anyways. Personally, I choose not to, therefore do not honor them.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

So accord them double honour in that lead that they're taking.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I'll go off on a tangent on this, OK? Take a look at these words:

Paul answers: "Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you and be submissive." (Heb. 13:17)

See anything wrong with it?........................................................no, okay, I'll give you a clue: Paul answers

You see, it's another of those Borg assertions that's not based on fact. The fact is, noone knows who wrote Hebrews. Sure, it could have been Paul, but it could have been any number of other people too. There's no greetings or salutation to indicate the author.

Adding to the gospel again........and again.

Cheers, Ozzie

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

PUKE

Kansas District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit