new here

by jurs 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• hippikon
    hippikon

Quote of the day

I do believe now that the "truth if it really is the truth should be able to to stand up against what others say

You can be a child molester, Murderer, Arsonist thief you name it you can get away with it so long as there aren’t two whiteness. But tell some one you can’t conscientiously swallow all the doctrine and your out – Your feet won’t even touch the ground.

I also agree with Francoise2 If you want out just walk. It takes some adjusting but the board will help.

"But it does move"
    Galileo

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Welcome Jurs.

It's a nice feeling, isn't it.

When it falls, it falls fast. There is no going back.

Enjoy your freedom.

• jurs
    jurs

thanks for all your replys. I can't get over how weird this all is. At a meeting not so long ago an elder said that people dont fall out of the truth, they drift away. Thats partly true. This past year I've missed alot of meetings, but I still 100% beleived. Yet it takes me by surprise how quickly ,once I let myself question ,that I've fallen out. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off me.Y'know at Matthew 11:28 about those who are toiling and being loaded down....thats how I felt. I feel so liberated. Thankfully I wasn't raised in the truth so I've no family that will shun me. In fact my family as well as my husbands will be thrilled. My two kids ages 10 and 11 are so happy. I always felt defensive when people would feel sorry for my kids. I thought they were happy and didn't miss not celebrating birthdays ect. Well guess what..... when I told them we aren't going back ,they couldn't wait to tell school friends. They are even excited about celebrating mothers day. I mean REALLY excited. I wonder how did I ever let myself into this. JURS

• bonnie38
    bonnie38

jurs,
    Welcome to this site. I am also new. It's weird that you mention that although you missed a lot of meetings last year, you still believed 100%. I was disfellowshipped 4 years ago, and until I came on this site, I still believed 100%. I thought that I was the only person on earth who thought there was a lack of love in the congregation or who thought that forbidding certain things (such as extracurricular school activities) was rediculous. My children are now 16 & 17. My daughter just went to the prom this weekend. My kids missed out on a lot of things when they were little. They are involved in activities in school now. And I have to say it's been a very positive thing for them. It's weird for me that I found this site. The night I first came on here, I was looking for something to make me want to be reinstated. What I found was that I am not alone, that meny people feel he way I do. I have received suggestions from others that have helped me see "outside the box." I enjoy the time that I spend here, and I hope you do too.
    Bonnie

• Jang
    Jang

Yet it takes me by surprise how quickly ,once I let myself question ,that I've fallen out. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off me.Y'know at Matthew 11:28 about those who are toiling and being loaded down....thats how I felt. I feel so liberated.

Jur ..... I know we all can fully empathize!

On my web page there is a lot of info that will help you find your feet again.

http://caic.org.au

Hugs and welcome to life!

JanG

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Welcome to the board Jurs! I only got to read through this thread very briefly, so I am sure your questions are answered. Will try to return later when I get home from work and read carefully. Our thoughts are with you, know that.
    Pooh,
    I responded to your bad experiences on another thread. I am Rob's friend too!! Would love to get to know you better!!
    TW

• FOREVERBEAUTIFUL
    FOREVERBEAUTIFUL

I HAVE READ THE GARBAGE THAT HAS BEEN SPOKEN ABOVE AND I AM SICK TO MY STOMACH. SATAN HAS TAKEN THE FAITH OF SERVANTS AND HAS TURNED IT INTO NOTHING MORE THEN EXISTING. THE TRUTH CAN STAND UP TO ANYTHING THAT IS THROWN AT IT, BUT THERE ARE THOSE THAT JUST WANT TO DO WHAT THEY WANT TO DO. IF THAT IS TRUE ABOUT SOMEONE THEY SHOULD NOT BLAME THEIR LAZINESS ON THE TRUTH. RATHER BLAME WHO IS TO BLAME---SATAN!

• outcast
    outcast

Foreverbeautiful

Are you the church lady?

Yelling at us will only put stress and wrinkles on that beautiful face.

Calm down, and go easy on the coffee and doughnuts tomorrow in service, and try not to think of us sleeping in, we all "get" to catch up on our beauty sleep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit