Minimus

by notperfectyet 103 Replies latest members adult

• Prisca
    Prisca

Farkel,

Could you please show us where in NPY's personal attack (aka post) she has made a valid point?

Thank you.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    NPY has a valid point and no one has bothered to actually address it

Thats probably because it has been addressed over and over on other threads, it gets tiring and boring.

Her point is this:

Minimus is a troll, I have said that from the start, and is out to destroy this board.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/52249/1.ashx

In a nutshell her point is Mininmus is a troll, I dont see that as a valid accusation at all, and I dont think many would see it as valuble enough to need addressing, its more like an obsession, and the obsession needs more attention. Is she going to get in deep shyt if she ignores minimus threads? Why doesnt she just ignore?

Minimus has disclosed where he stands with the WTS and his family, infact he has with-held information that a lot of other posters have with-held, are they all trolls too?

The warning has gone out again and again not to disclose personal information if it is going to lead you into trouble, the people who respond to his threads are only revealing things they want to, why cant he do the same?

Brummie

• rocketman
    rocketman

If a poster chooses to give out minimal info, does that make them a troll? It seems to be a bit of a leap.

rocketman - of the I can't believe I'm commenting on this thread class.

• Shakita
    Shakita

If Minimus is a troll, then so am I.

Minimus, if you are reading this, I miss your presence here.

Mrs. Shakita

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

..."That makes Minimus a parasite: feeds off of people and gives nothing back. Parasites are like that. Minimus DOES have 4,500 posts: 4,495 posts of total bullshit and 5 that were actually a contribution in the lives of people it feeds off of."...

Meister. One could say the same about yourself. I hear a lot of talk about you being a renowned anti dub essay writer. I see no essays, nor have I ever seen any. Where are these essays? Meister, whats YOUR contribution to anti dub salvation? I see nothing much. On another point, I tell you what I see from you across the 18 months I have known you. I see biting sarcasm, frequent personal attacks upon persons here with use of foul language, and I see occassional weepy eyed conciliatory posts to those youve warred bitterly against. Thats what I see from you, and thats pretty much ALL I see.A real contribution to the betterment of mankind and ex dubdom. Well done.

By what right do you label Minimus a troll, and a parasite because he asks questions to start conversations. ?? Crazy thinking in my book. Buy what right do you make the gross implication that Minimus is a dub spy fishing for information?? Maybe he is . Its a thought that occurred to me. But I would never be stupid enough to post personal info that I didnt want as public knowledge. Anyone who would do that deserves what they get. A lesson to be learnt by them, obviously.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Farkel

Off the top of my head:

He's a former elder who lives in ***** (maybe I shouldn't). He struggled with doubts for several years. He lurked on H20 and read the threads. He's mentioned your arguments in particular helped him see that the Witnesses do not have "the truth" (which might be one reason he likes you so much). Before he started the fade, he stepped down as an elder. His wife did not like this. It was some time before he was able to get her to read CofC. He was delighted with that development, but later also expressed some concern because as his wife went through the natural confusion with the truth about "the truth" she got a little down. His daughter left eagerly, although losing friends caused her pain. One JW friend sent her a snotty email. He likes to dance, and although he's not nearly as extroverted in the real world as he is here, I would guess most people would call him outgoing and assertive. Oh, almost forgot, his job involves traveling.

I have gathered this based on what Minimus has posted. He does not reveal anything about himself in threads he starts. He will mention snippets about himself or his family in others' threads, and then it will be buried in the middle of his post. I can guess and extropolate other things about him, but I'll keep that to myself. I pay attention to what others do and say. It's a defense mechanism left over from my childhood. I'm always on the look out for people who can hurt me. That's why I know Minimus is a good guy.

Why is he so secretive? Well again, he's trying to fade out. He's clearly afraid that if he reveals too much about himself (and he's said so) that he will be DF'd. It is obvious he is concerned about what ramifications that would have on his family. It is possible, although he's never said, that he has extended family who are Witnesses and being DF'd might easily create a hardship.

Why does he ask so many questions? He's said several times he is interested in starting a conversation. He's also expressed a desire to help people. He hasn't said so, but I think it's fair to speculate that he feels asking a simple question is the best way (for him) to help others. The only reason his "secretiveness" is an issue is becuse of the number of threads he starts. Have you wondered why Shamas hasn't revealed anything about himself? Or anyone else?

I still maintain that if anyone, you included, have such a big problem with Minimus, then don't read his threads. If what he has to say is so irritating, then don't click on the thread. I've never watched one second of any "reality" show, and I never will. Why? Because the whole concept irritates me. So I don't watch it.

I've been accused of revealing too much about myself. Minimus is accused of revealing too little. Who's to say which is better?

As for NPY, no I will not lay off. I stood up to bullies when I was a kid (and got my ass kicked) and I'll do it now. Minimus was not hurting NPY, there was no reason for the attack. It was mean and uncalled for. NPY is a bear of very little brain to say what she did.

• myself
    myself

Excellent post Tex! You have taken the time to see what is being said in the posts. A good conversationalist not only asks questions, but they also listen.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    If Minimus is a troll, then so am I.

Shakita, so am I, but since we were told not to reveal anything about ourselves I have kept my lips sealed.

BTex, that is a great post and I have seen the same things revealed by Minimus. I figure that will answer NPY question and dampen the obsession, then again!

Refiners that was a total underestimation of Farkels input and inteligence, he has given a lot more to help people and deserves the recognition for his genius.

Brummie

• Farkel
    Farkel

brummie, prisca,

I disagree with NPY's assertion that Minimus is a troll, but I do not disagree with NPY's overall assessment of Minimus. A troll is someone who intentionally tries to inflame the audience and get attention for itself. A Minimus is someone who intentionally tries to schmooze the audience and get attention for itself.

The methods are different, but the motives are the same: get a whole bunch of attention. Minimus has posted over 4,500 times. Can anyone name the great Minimus post that caused a dub to leave the Cult after all of those thousands and thousands of posts?

Thought not.

Minimus defintely has an agenda, but that not big deal. We ALL have an agenda! What is it? Well, let's examine the facts, shall we?

Minimus has thrived on this board for evoking responses from others. It reveals little, if anything about itself. Tons of people respond and respond honestly. That is a fact.

That fact leaves very few reasons for the new threads that Minimus makes nearly on a daily basis:

1) Minimus is simpy a curious soul who wonders what people think and has no other agenda other than that.

2) Minimus is gathering information on folks for some unnamned reason.

3) Minimus is doing this because it is now famous in this little tiny piece of the world and it feeds off that little tiny bit of fame.

4) Minimus just fell into a pattern of this stuff and doesn't even know how inane it is. (See #3 above)

5) Minimus is just an idiot and is totally clueless that it is just racking up posts and giving back hardly anything.

Maybe there are more reasons, folks, and if so, please point them out. The ONE thing that DOES stand out is that Minimus has contributed NOTHING to this board that will make a single bit of difference in the lives of dubs (that I can recall).

Minimus just asks questions, gets responses and maybe logs them for whatever reason. That was NPY's whole thesis, by the way.

By the way Mini: I hear that you have been baiting and blasting me in here over the last week. Is this true? Do you really want Simon to get rid of me? Did you hint at that in any of your posts? If so, why? I've got a lot of music to give yet. What have you got to give yet?

Farkel

• Brummie
    Brummie

Thanks for your response Farkel. I do disagree with NPYs over all assasination of Minimus but I can understand your defence of a friend who needs you, that is admirable.

Now I will add the 6th reason that wasnt in your list:

6) Minimus is a healing exjw who finds it totally theraputic to hear other peoples opinions of the thoughts and questions he has pondered.

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit