Governing Body / who gets in, need answers to be sure ??????

by run dont walk 12 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

Heathen,

I have NEVER heard your explanation that the 144,000 member Bride of Christ was to be selected from those alive post-1914!!! Always, always, I had been taught (and taught others) that these 'anointed ones' have existed as Jehovah's one true 'church' since the selection of Jesus' apostles on down through the centuries until our time. That there have always been true "witnesses of Jehovah" from the first century until now, progressively being enlightened and passing down said true knowledge in some esoteric manner until Pastor Russell started the JW religion.

outnfree

• heathen
    heathen

Outnfree-------- Sounds like just another of those teachings that may not have been official according to the WT society but somehow people were induced to believe it on the basis of popular opinion .I can believe that many people tried to restore christianity to it's original form over the course of history but as far as there being proof that there was a religion that can be examined to the point of making it a fact that there were anointed who were selected througout that period of time , I was never showed any by a dub.

Personally the way I see it is that the restoration would be completed some time prior to the end of the world . The locust with the scorpion tails that are described in revelation are described as coming up out of an abyss , the abyss is believed to mean being in a state of inactivity and the WT teaches that the locusts are the anointed remnant. All I'm asking for is a publication printed by the WT that supports your claim that the WT believes the 144k were selected throughout the centuries .

• jgnat
    jgnat

Outnfree is right. Think about it. Much of the greek text, as explained by the WTS, was written for the anointed only. If the 144,000 were not to make their appearance until 1914, who was Peter and Paul talking to?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit