You're Invited! - Memorial Menu

by truthseeker 7 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
  • Simon
    Simon

* 1 Star Review

"Worst meal ever and service took forever. Waiter never refilled my drink and even got pissy when I drank some plus they didn't even give me a clean glass. Their '144,000 served' tagline seems like a rip-off of McDonalds but they really don't have a product near as nice."

• steve2
    steve2

The "meal" is even worse than the menu indicates: Most people at the meal don't get a single crumb.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Review :Rules & Regulations

It was a wonderful environment. You literally feel like family!

The Memorial invite was placed on my door a week before the ''The Lord's Evening Meal'' by two young men who handed me the invite and ran off as soon as possible. Luckily,the address of the Kingdom Hall was stamped right in the back of the invite. ( which made it convenient to find since I wasn't too familiar with the area )

After finding the Kingdom Hall, they had many brothers with safety reflective vests directing the parking lot. Thanks to them, it was easy to navigate and find a parking spot.

Once inside, I found everyone dressed to the nines and was greeted by the local Elders. Never have I been shown as much love as this. This place felt so welcoming.

The children were well behaved and not running around like in other churches. They were all seated and ready for this meeting to start.

The Memorial talk was very interesting. It was about the the life of Jesus and his last day on earth.

Everyone was reminded not to eat or drink any of the emblems... numerous times. They passed the bread and wine to everyone in attendance. There must of been at least 10 prayers given and all kinds of the members who stood up and sat down numerous times handing each other these items. ( very confusing but very entertaining )

I was handed the emblems but passed them down since no one else partook. ( at my church we all partook )

The last half of the meeting everyone was reminded on how many meetings there during the week and how to ask for a bible study with the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I encourage all to try to make it to a meeting here. It's well worth it!

• amicabl
    amicabl

I am not going this year. I have told a few that if I do go I will partake.

Last year the wine was cloudy and looked “off” or whatever.

I am beginning to wonder if anyone really cares or perhaps they are just going through the motions.

I have noticed that in the last few years there is a distinct lack of “zeal” for any activity, perhaps because we sold the kh 9 years ago and now there is no new one and no money either. Sad isn’t it I don’t think.

• John Free
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

"My teenage son was sitting at the end of the aisle and the server handed him a glass of wine. Didn't even ask to see his ID! I also asked him for a straw but he never got me one. Never going back!"

• I quit!
    I quit!

You don't go there for the food you go there for the fun...... Not much of that either. I must be thinking of something else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit