Threat Level AGAIN raised in US

by Shakita 14 Replies latest jw friends

• dubla
    dubla

caligirl just summed up my thoughts completely.

aa

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Exactly caligirl....

• Shakita
    Shakita

It is easier said than done, you know. On September 11, 2001 I watched the horror of the tragedy etched on the face of someone I know who lost a friend in the towers that day. I watched as he sat in shocked horror watching on TV as the towers fell. I will never forget his face till the day I die. Another family member worked in the building across the street from the WTC that day. She watched as people fell from the building to their death. A family member is now sitting in an office overlooking the re-building of the World Trade Center Site. I worry about him during these high alerts, worrying about him being there in this dangerous time. I admit that I am having a hard time dealing with this all, the worst part knowing that it probably will get worse before it gets better.

Mrs. Shakita

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    What better way to hurt an enemy than to hurt their children?

Mrs, S, that is one angle I hadn't considered. The homicide bombers in Israel are targeting innocent adults and children on purpose. It could possible happen here in the US. Scary !!

Here in the middle of the country we tend not to worry about this sort of thing happening to us, but a bad guy might think of us as a softer target than Washington DC or NY and act accordiling. Another scary thought.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr
    Capitalists are a crazy bunch, they'd kill to make more money, or to make sure they don't lose their share. It's not a thing of religion, ethnicity and all that. It's all about those who will not share the wealth. Freedom fighters go back to the beginning of times. Fighting the rich, the exploiters. Nothing wrong with that. That's what freedom of speech is, the fight for equality.

So are you saying the fundie Islamic wackos are attacking us because we're rich and they're not? The U.S. is not exploiting the Middle East, we're simply buying their oil. The distribution of wealth after we buy the oil is not under our control. If anything, the U.S. desires all the peoples of the Middle East to be free and prosperous. I'm sorry that the majority over there lives in a collective sh*thole and we don't but we and the Americans before us worked hard to have what we do. Maybe if they took the effort they put into trying to kill Westerners and Jews and put it into making their own lives better then we could all be happy.

Mike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit