From H20- "The Ultimate Rude Display"

by Dubby 39 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

SS,

Thanks for the clarification, sorry you don't come here to discuss scriptures. I like that aspect - for I still have an interest in learning the Bible - that's why I think Friend "can" be very interesting. I also enjoy making friends - with anyone I can. As I get older, I realize how much fun it is to share all kinds of thoughts with all kinds of people. I hope you gain that perspective as you get older also.

I do not come here to bash and thrash the WTBTS. However, there are some very good psychological sites about mind control that do a very scholarly job of it. I have posted links to a couple. Have you read them. By your previous comments, I would think so.

So, you're a former Catholic like me? Did you go to Catholic schools, like me? I've posted about my knowledge of the history, slightly, of the church, why don't they offend you as much as the WTBTS? Did you go through this same cold hatred of the Catholic Church when you left them? I know I didn't, but they didn't care if I left either.

'Course, no elders have knocked at my door since I left, so the case could be made that they don't care either.

Frenchy,

Is there a person of "color" or nationality other than white now on the GB? Who? Obviously a man, because a peson of "other gender" would not be acceptable under any circumstances.......

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

waiting, I had heard that a black man was being considered for a position on the GB. Frenchy, is he actually on it? I wasn't sure that he had been actually appointed.

waiting, are you trying to make the point that women don't count in the WTBTS? For shame! We all know how vital their role is....as helpers, doormats, and slaves.

• Dubby
    Dubby

Women absolutely DO count in the WTBTS. What would they do if the sisters weren't hammering on doors? The brothers would just me Mormon clones if it weren't for the sisters!

Also, the sisters, mostly seen in their Sunday best(or Tuesday, thursday, Friday, or Saturday) drive the young JW studs crazy! Some with their "only after armageddon" prudishness, turn the young men into blubbering, masturbating fools.
    No kidding! Most of the brothers wear glasses and have hair on their knuckles!

• waiting
    waiting

Dubby,

You fool.

No kidding! Most of the brothers wear glasses and have hair on their knuckles!

That is not an aftermath of masturbating. Blindness and being short are - according to my mother.

• Dubby
    Dubby

Waiting,

ROFLMAO!

• Dubby
    Dubby

Waiting,

ROFLMAO!

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Dubby,

If I knew what ROFLMAO! meant, I might either be impressed or insulted.

I've seen it before in postings - usually humorously - I hope......

Didn't your moma tell you anything right, boy?

waiting

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

waiting, ROFLMAO = Roll on floor laughing my a** off

• Seven
    Seven

dear waiting-for more netlingo:
    [url] http://www.netlingo.com/emailsh.cfm[/url]

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

waiting - hi & thanks for writing.

in response to statements you made in your post as follows:

Thanks for the clarification, sorry you don't come here to discuss scriptures. I like that aspect - for I still have an interest in learning the Bible

I don't mind discussing the scriptures. It's discussing WTBTS manipulation of scripture that I don't have any enthusiasm for. Getting bogged down in those kinds of discussions seems to be a "can't see the forest for the trees" issue to me. To re-iterate briefly, in the mind of the adherent to doublespeak certain verbal triggers have been entrenched that once spoken by a doublespeak "opponent', close down the doublespeak adherents mind to any kind of rationale. You can't argue against it.

I have scriptural questions I plan to ask and will post sooner or later. Things that perplex me about the bible itself and not WTBTS legalisms. In particular certain teachings of Paul I find hard to reconcile.

that's why I think Friend "can" be very interesting.

I don't find people like Friend interesting, in fact they bore the hell out of me as do most "intellectuals" - talk is cheap. Whenever I read one of his posts I feel as if I'm an entering some kind of Siberia of the soul. Friends posts also remind me a lot of Woody Allen type film scripts, like Annie Hall, you know where the charachters attempt to hide their insecurities behind "intellectual" posturing.

I also enjoy making friends - with anyone I can. As I get older, I realize how much fun it is to share all kinds of thoughts with all kinds of people. I hope you gain that perspective as you get older also.

Waiting my feeling is that sometimes a real friend or a real lover has to tell you things that you don't really want to hear, as hard as that may be, because they are the ones who really know and care about you.

I do not come here to bash and thrash the WTBTS.

Mindcontrol is the end result of massive doses of a reptitive message to the point of entrenchment. As I said in my post above it seems that myself and others here realise that they have to adopt a similar method in opposition, though we havn't a hope.

However, there are some very good psychological sites about mind control that do a very scholarly job of it. I have posted links to a couple. Have you read them. By your previous comments, I would think so.

Honest I havn't and I'm sure your sources do a far better job of it than me.

So, you're a former Catholic like me? Did you go to Catholic schools, like me? I've posted about my knowledge of the history, slightly, of the church, why don't they offend you as much as the WTBTS? Did you go through this same cold hatred of the Catholic Church when you left them? I know I didn't, but they didn't care if I left either.

waiting personally in terms of the mindcontrol question i don't think the two are comparable. The Catholic church is fairly innocuous in that regard compared to the WTBTS.

You've been pumping out some great posts of late - keep it up-SolidSender

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit