anyone else find that...

by Ghost of Esmeralda 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

...birthdays are as depressing as all get out?

This is only my fifth year even acknowledging them in any way...but I still find them horribly depressing. I got cards from some of my friends and stuff from my husband and daughter and my husband's family, which is wonderful...but only one of my ex-JW friends remembered...(thanks, Mulan...) I wish that I didn't know what my birthday was. Bad things always seem to happen around it and I always end up counting the minutes until the day is done...just wondered if anyone else ever feels this way?

essie

www.ghostwriter.homestead.com

• Mulan
    Mulan

Essie...............I am kicking myself for not putting your birthday on the board. I used up my threads on fluffy stuff too. NUTS!!! Happy Birthday Essie!!!!!!!!

• Brummie
    Brummie

hey have a great Birthday Essie!

I'm a bit like you for my own Birthday but for anyone elses I have no problem sending cards and stuff now (though I seldom do), I tend to just celebrate my kids and emmediate family.

Brummie

• azaria
    azaria

MB: &

Thankfully birthdays don't bother me. When I turned 30, for a few moments I thought, oh no I'm 30 and immediately got over it. The only time it really bothered me was when I turned 40, but only because I wanted another child (my husband didn't) and I felt like that door was closed. I cried off and on for 3 days. Before I turned 50 I started to psyche myself up that after 50 would be the best years of my life. I had a wonderful surprise birthday party and a number of really dear friends were there. The first couple of years were the pits. I left my husband (I don't recommend this for everybody) and things are going really well! My daughter is much happier too. Sorry I missed your birthday! When was it? I tend to ramble on too much...I wish I was like some of the posters, one word, one sentence, but I am who am.

Here's a belated "Happy Birthday!!"

chin up

• Scully
    Scully

Happy Birthday Essie

Love, Scully

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Happy Birthday, Essie!

may you enjoy many more!

j2bf

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

What an amazing Webring for Recovering JWs. Thanks.

Oh, and hold your head up because I'm wishing you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Since I've started celebrating other people's b-days, I find the people are very expecting and ungrateful. But I still try and put the good energy out there and pay it forward. I've also found that birthday alarms online are very helpful to remember family and friends b-days.

HAPPY B-DAY ESSIE!!!!!

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda
    Since I've started celebrating other people's b-days, I find the people are very expecting and ungrateful.

I hope you didn't mean me :( I don't expect anything from anyone...just wondered if anyone else gets blue on their birthday. I shouldn't have posted...

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick
    I hope you didn't mean me :( I don't expect anything from anyone...just wondered if anyone else gets blue on their birthday. I shouldn't have posted...

Oh Essie, nooooooooooooooooo, I didn' t mean you at all! I apologize if that's how it sounded. I was just sharing my experiences about celebrating birthdays since leaving the JW's. I wish you a happy day dear!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit