White Stripes

by clash_city_rockers 32 Replies latest social entertainment

• Preston
    Preston

LOL, I was going to do a post about the white stripes as soon as I got the album....if simply for that Squirrel Song. LOL.... I relived my days siting at meetings hearing talks when I heard the opening monologue. LOL

BTW, clash_city_rockers, just got my tickets to see Blur on June 11th here in Phoenix. I'll listen to just about anything by them, Haven't heard the new album though. So far my favorite album of the year is Evil Heat by Primal Scream.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

*licks Preston*

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

LOL OMG PRESTON!

I LOVE THAT SONG! It's hillarious!

I love Meg's voice on "In the Cold Cold Night" very sexy song I think...

And if I ever become a stripper my new stripper song is gonna be "Ball and Biscuit"

• basics-for-me
    basics-for-me

White Stripes are playing at Glastonbury next month. I can't wait!

• hippikon
    hippikon

Must be an aquired tase - but I only had a couple of 10 second clips to go by. (Hav't seen it in Australia yet)

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

chick drummers rock....Love christian chicks with an authentic rock vibe.

Just bought Whirlwind Heat's new album "Do Rabits wonder" They are so cool they Kind of sound like Gand of Four but with out the deconstructed guitar. I'm and old shcool new waver at heart so I'm atrracted to that kindoof sound

Remember Gang of Four???????????

Cheers with a couple of beers,

jr

• Gwydion
    Gwydion

I remember the first time my sister brought this cd over and said listen to this. I sat down at the computer put the cd in the drive and jammed. Detroit is still ROCK CITY!

• Aztec
    Aztec
    Detroit is still ROCK CITY!

Of course it is!

~Azzy

• DIM
    DIM

I've been wondering about that whirlwind heat album, it got some pretty bad reviews....especially at pitchforkmedia - an indie snob website.....i'll have to pick that up.....my favorite new album (until next week when Grandaddy, Fountains of Wayne, and Radiohead come out) is Jewel's new one. Amazing!

• amac
    amac

Honestly, I think White Stripes latest is their weakest album, except for a couple tracks. For anyone into White Stripes, if you haven't already, check out the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Dim thanks for the heads up on Grandaddy releasing a new album. Sophtware Slump made it into my top 30 all time albums.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit