White Stripes

by clash_city_rockers 32 Replies latest social entertainment

• Aztec
    Aztec

Proplog, my mom is 53 and she's a huge White Stripes fan so I don't think you are dooming them in any way. LOL! I think listening to good music keeps you young. :) ~Aztec

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

Awesome album, can't stop listening to it. I like the acorn song the best. My husband said the guy talking at the begining of the song sounds like an elder at an assembly, lol.

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

I'm going to buy the new Blur record "Think Tank" sometime this week. Sadly, I have this gut feeling which I hope is flawed that it isn't going to be that good. Thier best Albums were back in thier glory days with "Park Life and Great Escape" Has any one got the CD what do you think???????????????????????

cheers, jr

• DIM
    DIM

I don't know about that new Blur album...I'm sort of tempted but I just can't get excited for it. Strange, considering I live the Gorrilaz and Mali Music albums...

• Aztec
    Aztec

I never was big on Blur. I love the Gorillaz though! The first time I heard "Clint Eastwood" I just froze. My 7 year old son and I both just sat there like it was the most amazing thing we'd ever heard. Still not as good as System of a Down though. :) ~Aztec

• DIM
    DIM

For me personally, I'm not too fond of when Blur tries to experiment...i love Modern Life is Rubbish, Parklife, and The Great Escape. Everything else sounds like they are trying too hard. If you love those 3 albums like I do, you HAVE to check out these bands:

The Field Mice

Television Personalities

O-Level

Strangelove

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

This album rocks...I have been listening to it non-stop since I bought it. Everyone should check it out. I have spoken!

Blur is another of one of my all time favorite bands. Did any of you get 13 at all? That's also great...yeah but like everyone else, I am a little nervous about the new album and haven't picked it up yet...Damon Albarn is a hottie man *swoons*...and very talented as well.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Okay, I can agree that Albarn is a hottie! :D ~Aztec

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Aztec you and I will get in cat fight yet about these men...we always go for the same types! Hee hee!

• Aztec
    Aztec

Well, Joanna, that just means we both have great taste! :D ~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit