Old Books and Magazines

by twice shy 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• twice shy
    twice shy
    Hi all. It's been a minute since I was here. All is well. Question? What to do with old books and magazines? I'm a bit torn to throw away even though I'm not going back. Any suggestions?
  • blondie
    blondie
    Check first to see what Alibris and Ebay is selling them for.....some much older ones pre-1955 go for a good price.
  • sir82
    sir82

Are they recent books?

Anything after 1980 or so is utterly worthless, except perhaps as kindling. Anything before 1940 or so is worth money. Anything between those dates, there may be someone who might have an interest in them, but you probably won't get any money for them.

• twice shy
    twice shy

Thanks. They can have them for free if they pay for shipping. Someone once said don't throw everything away because then you throw away the proof of all the double talk and scripture manipulation. I'm trying to keep one of all books.

They are within the past decade. I gave all the books from the early 1940's and so to the hall a long time ago. Should of kept, but too much space being used.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    just pile them all up outside the kingdumb hall. leave them to rot.
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

twice shy:

We scan them for the members here on JWN to do research. One member here sent us the 1984 New World Translation Large Print with References to scan for the board and we will be done with it pretty soon. (about 1,600 pages.)

That Bible is on the Watchtower's website but they won't allow you to download it. So, we are going to provide everyone with the original.

We will be happy to contribute for your literature and shipping. I will send you a pm!

WTUnderground!

• kaik
    kaik
    My mom has all the WTs and books for the past 40 years. She got them bounded. My JW cousins told her that she needs to get rid off them because they are old light and can cause apostasy. My mom does not want to throw them away, so I recommend her to donate to either university library, state archives, or national institute on religious studies. Some countries like I grew up did not had free JW and the publications were illegal. So it is often difficult for students and researches to get good collection of underground print.
  • transhuman68
    transhuman68

The old JW books from the 40's are really worth reading- hard to believe, but it's true, lol. I bought one and read it a couple of years ago, and it made me happy as I was finally able to see a pattern in the JW beliefs- how it all seems to make sense at the time; but 10 or 20 years later it's no longer relevant or even possible- so it all keeps changing. The PDF's are great, but there's nothing like the real thing, lol.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I burnt nearly all of mine, very cathartic. I kept a couple or three damning mags, and a few real old books, including Studies in the Scriptures by Russell and a few old Rutherford books, I don't know why really.

What I would have liked to have done, had I not been fading, is what an (ex) Elder did, he took all his old books to the Kingdom Hall, threw them into the entrance way and shouted, ".,you can have all that s**t back ! "

• Malachi Constant
    Malachi Constant
    Russell's books make me feel stupid, Rutherford's books make me sick, Franz's books are irrelevant in every way, wts books after them I know too well. So I decided to keep Russell's six books at hand, for a healthy experience every now and then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit