They lost 7 bible studies

by caballoSentado 17 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

maybe there is a god after all, and he doesn't live at your local kingdom hall. AWESOME !!!!

• benext
    benext

There's going to be a feeding frenzy when the sisters find out about 7 available studies.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

That is wonderful

• badwillie
    badwillie

great news! Since I left in Sept 2001 (the UN cover up was my "final straw"), there are 4 others who I have approached that have left or are in the process of leaving the Borg. The most interesting one is a guy I was friends with many years ago who I bumped into about a year ago.He was disfellowshipped a few years back and was currently "making his comeback" - he had already been re-attending meetings for 6 months and was about to submit his letter asking (begging) for reinstatement. When I first ran into him (at a bar), he said right away "I'm disfellowshipped", I said "I know" - which kind of threw him a little.

Anyway I told him about the UN thing and many other reasons for my leaving the "truth". He told me he knew there were imperfections...Jehovah uses them...blah blah blah. That was it, didn't talk to him again..then about 4 months later he called me and asked to borrow Crisis of Conscience - the rest is ex JW history. Another one bites the dust - I love it!

• bebu
    bebu

I must say that I've really taken courage from your story! This is a terrific post!!-- I realized that the UN scandal was more potent than I'd realized before, if it could knock out 7 Bible studies...

So, today I decided to take the plunge myself, and had a very interesting conversation with my JW neighbor. (I've discovered that all I have to do is make some remark using a JW watchword, and she jumps in and asks me to define what I mean by____. And then we're off and running. This is okay. I think I can use this technique to my advantage, as a way to open conversations when I am ready for one.)

Whatever we started with, I decided to find out if she was aware of the UN scandal, so I asked her for the WT take on the scarlet beast... and after she talked awhile, I told her I had read something quite bizarre online, and perhaps she'd heard of it... When I explained it to her, she was smiling at me with a look of "That's the MOST RIDICULOUS charge I've ever heard in my life!" while shaking her head. She was nearly laughing at the idea that the WT would ever associate with the UN in any way. I produced some documents and read salient parts to her (she didn't bring her glasses).

Anyway, the whole conversation was still remarkably pleasant. She is a very devout JW, and would quickly die for WT theology. She didn't get upset at me for bringing up these things. She agreed with me that getting the best info on it would be important, and was really very rational. I'd already asked her if she could verify the 607 date (she's never gotten back to me on that). But now she's got some documents in hand to share with an elder who has a computer...

Just a tidbit. And thanks for the 'boost'.

bebu

• jws
    jws

I hope she has not simply abandoned these people and excused herself from this study. I hope she explained her reasons for discontinuing the study and helped her students to see what she does.. Otherwise they may still be ripe to be taken in by the next JW who knocks on their door. Or by the elders might simply assign somebody else to take over the study. Since their names and addresses should be on the study record, the congregation knows about these people.

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

badwillie:
    Yours are great news too. Keep us informed.
    jws:
    She told the mother of 2 of her studies not to let them become JW, this person
    is a JW too & agreed (she has her own reazons too).
    She also told a married couple that she had personal reazons for not continuing
    the study with them; She thinks they understood that there was something wrong
    with the org. (besides they did not want to study with any other person), the
    rest of the studies were just cancelled...

I myself cancelled 2 bible studies when I opened my eyes... I think maybe I
    should pay them a visit.

Bye friends,
    Caballo Sentado

• shamus
    shamus

Hee!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit