UNWELCOME ONE? - OFFICIAL CHECKLIST

by goo 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Wow, a whole post, with virtually no quotes ;-)

Okay goo...

1/ You bitch about people not liking what you say or do, and engage in your own personal psychodrama about not being wanted.

2/ When YOU don't like someone says or does, you act in a way at least as bad as those that you accuse of victimisation.

3/ The reason some people have labelled you a troll is you do run away from debates you have started, or fail to engage in them in a meaningful fashion, and you post in what seems a deliberately inflamatory fashion; you also try to wriggle out of owning any trouble you might have caused.

Two examples; the paedophillia post, which you never acknowledged as potentially offensive, and which you probably realised was going to get the knee-jerk reactions it did. I say you probably knew you'd get those knee jerk reactions, because if you hadn't meant to get them, when you got them, you'd of apologised.

The SLAM post is another example. If someon had done that to you, you would have been beside yourself in indignation, telling anyone who was willing to listen how unfair it all was that people picked on you. But you'd do it to someone else in a New York minute.

Therefore, all your bleating about getting deleted fails to raise any sympathy. I doubt if you will get deleted as you really aren't that important or disruptive even if you like to think you are. But the reaction you get from people is a result of your actions. You're labelled a troll becaue you act like one.

Don't whitter about the UN declaration of rights. If you're at party and someone is an asshole and gets chucked out by the host of the party, is the UN declaration of human rights applicable. In a pigs ear it is. The rules of conduct on-line are much as they are off-line; play the ass, get kicked.

Now, you may be someone whose just to fucked-up to 'play nice', and hasn't finished their 'victim' phase yet. In that case I wish you well but will mostly ignore what you have to say unless you 'play nice'.

You might genuinely not be aware YOU are responsible for how people treat you. Reaslising this might cause a change, or you might carry on play goo no see goo no say goo no speak and ignoring your own responsibility for what happens to you.

All the best

• goo
    goo

hi abbadon:
    thank you for your viewpoints so far, including this one -

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    oh, goo, you still haven't bothered engaging in rational debate about the subject you wanted us to all SLAM Jan for
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i said it was a slamworthy post - a matter of interpretation - leaving it open for anyone to slam it whatever way they wanted - you'll recall i did not specify who or what should be slammed - i was giving that option to the respondant - the intent of the post.

you chose to interpret my subject title and post content - as an invitation for all to slam janh - and engage in "rational debate" - to my mind your choosing to do so was but one of the many, many interperative options available in responding.

however the interpretation you chose was of interest.

Also i do not feel compelled to let the cat completely out of the bag with the content of a subjects first post. you're viewpoint may be that this is manipulation, mine however is that it isn't.

story tellers work from the end backward and the means used in communicating their ideas normally includes entertaining and positing more than one dimensional polarised perspectives cramped into one post down one thread.

this is as far into a "rational debate" as i'm prepared to go on the subject if you are unable to make these kinds of differentiations.

I hope this helps explain my viewpoint to you in a little more detail.

thanks abbadon for giving me yours

goo. written from deletion row jw.com

Edited by - goo on 9 May 2001 23:26:7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit