Can a Re-Instated Person Ever Become An Elder?

by Englishman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

HS you could be right, but I've never seen any evidence of it. I do know of a couple of cases that I'm astonished the guys were appointed again if anyone looked at their records. Please give me the details behind your statement if you don't mind.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Just as an aside. I do know of amissionary who was found guilty of adultery over a period of many years eventually found out and disfellowshipped. The congregation he returned to had to clear his reinstatement with New York, then it was 10 years before he was reappointed. The local body nearly had to offer up their children in sacrifice to get him appointed, then of course, they really really wished they hadn't. Tuned out to be the nastiest, most vicious elder you ever ran into.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When I joined my last cong in the mid nineties there as a bro. who was reg auxilliary pioneer . He was in a second marriage haveing been d/f and then reinstated 18 months previously. Within a year we succeded in getting him appointed as M/s ,(Well, we were short of appointed men and he was very willing)

Around may/June 1998 He was appointed an elder. I was off the body by then but I knew that I would never have supported his recommendation because he was "immature" and lacking in many ways.

Last I heard his second marriage had broken up and he has gone off again.......

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I knew of a case where a man was disfellowshipped in another area, moved to our congregaton and slowly moved back up the ranks (disfellowshipped, reinstated, m.s. and eventually elder). Right after that he met a woman at work and got disfellowshipped again. I felt sorry for his wife. She did the pioneer thing and really had no marketable skills. I haven't heard about her for a while and often wondered what happened to her. Btw, her son was molested by a woman and they disfellowshipped her for six months and then let her back in. And the police weren't called either...

• freedom96
    freedom96

Wow! An intelligent question!

Never thought about it, and was suprised to learn that there definately were/ was rules regarding whether or not the person could be re-instated.

Here is another one: Could an apostate come back and ever become an elder?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Could an apostate come back and ever become an elder?

No!

Well, that's the short answer!! I'm assuming you're thinking of a person who is DA. They'll never be back, IMO. How could they be? They'd be making a complete reversal of allegiance, and that after declaring the falsehood of what the Borg calls "The Truth".

So, no, an apostate isn't going to become an elder.

But then, aren't all elders apostates already?

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit