No blood Cards are back??????

by dugout 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cha ching
    cha ching

OMG that 'blood card' is scary... Instructions for "if you are pregnant" and "no one can be your witness if they can inherit part of your estate!

I am so glad not to be a J-dub.

• blondie
    blondie

OMG that 'blood card' is scary... Instructions for "if you are pregnant" and "no one can be your witness if they can inherit part of your estate!

Actually that is a legal requirement on all healthcare poas I have seen. It is a protection that someone won't be part of a scheme to end your life and inherit.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

The scary part was that they told everyone to fill it out ASAP (that night if possible) and return a copy so it can be kept on file with the Elders.

Can you say HIPAA?! Can you say Undue Influence?!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    wifibandit: ...and return a copy so it can be kept on file with the Elders.

I am curious as to what kind of security measures the elders have in place in order to protect confidential information. Where do the elders keep that information on hand? How is it stored? Who exactly has access to that information?

• blondie
    blondie

Are the elders doctors?

I did hear elders say it was difficult when some jw did not fill out the form but requested no blood as they entered the ER of some hospital without any paperwork. Not that they should have this info.

If you did do that pre-leaving WTS, be sure you have up-to-date documents with your doctor, clinic, and hospital, as well as new agents.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    blondie: I did hear elders say it was difficult when some jw did not fill out the form but requested no blood as they entered the ER of some hospital without any paperwork...

Yeah...but...difficult for who? The patient? or the elders?

I think the difficulty arises because the HLC want to get their fingers stuck into the pie. They don't want the JW patient to be autonomous and in control of their medical care

• Splash
    Splash
    OrphanCrow I am curious as to what kind of security measures the elders have in place in order to protect confidential information. Where do the elders keep that information on hand? How is it stored? Who exactly has access to that information?

At my hall the elders routinely leave confidential medical information from the congregation underneath the photocopier lid. When they remember, it is stored in the safe. This is the same safe that the accounts servants and helpers have access to.

I could give you a list of meds the congregation members are on.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    splash: At my hall the elders routinely leave confidential medical information from the congregation underneath the photocopier lid. When they remember, it is stored in the safe. This is the same safe that the accounts servants and helpers have access to.
    I could give you a list of meds the congregation members are on.

That is really, really bad

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Why would eelders have a list of medications?

Someone on the forum sent me a copy of the infamous "allogeneic" blood card from around 2000. I really appreciate it and will keep it safe.

• sir82
    sir82

At my hall the elders routinely leave confidential medical information from the congregation underneath the photocopier lid. When they remember, it is stored in the safe. This is the same safe that the accounts servants and helpers have access to.

As part of the "Emergency" plan that elders are supposed to maintain (in the case of mass evacuations), elders are supposed to collect information on what medications each congregation member is taking.

I suppose the intent is good (having someone know what essential medications you need in an emergency), but the confidentiality of that information is astonishingly bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit