Ozzie's 50th Weekend Poll (Golden Anniversary Poll)

by ozziepost 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

Yep, it's that time again! So, how's your weekend going? After a week of rain, we were pleased to see a bright sunny wintery day. The highlands look beautiful at this time of year. Last night Mrs Ozzie and I enjoyed a simply great meal at the Apostates Restaurant, and today shared with friends. What was on the menuu? Well, it wasn't a shiraz, but a cabernet sauvignon from the Margaret River region of Western Australia. It was a 2000 vintage and had a beautifully deep, dark red colour. Magic!

I thought reaching 50 polls would be a highlight of our weekend but we learned something today that, in the words of Mrs Ozzie, "is the highlight of the year for her". What is it? Well, we learned that, for a certainty, those in the higher echelons are questioning and may be having their own "Crises of Conscience". We sure and pray hope so. The "Sunday" program has had a devastating effect on many dubs here in Oz. If anyone involved is lurking and reading here, our thoughts are with you. "Get out her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins."

Now, back to business!

It seems fitting to take a trip down memory lane with a smile today since this is our 50th. So, this weekend's poll question is:

Who chose the colours in your Kingdom Hall?

1. The body of elders

2. The service committee

3. The presiding overseer

4. The P.O.'s wife

5. A committee

6. The sisters

7. We couldn't decide so we asked the Regional Building Committee

8. They couldn't decide so they asked Bethel

9. Bethel couldn't decide so they asked Crooklyn

10. The G.B. asked their wives

11. Their wives said, "What does the Bible say?"

12. We got white!

13. Other (oh, you must be kidding!) give details

We're looking forward to sharing your reminiscences, so get your posts in. Enjoy.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Prisca
    Prisca

Well, the last time I was involved with a congregation that built a new Hall, I can't remember who chose the colours. I know it was up for debate, and open for suggestions, but I can't say who made the final decision. Probably the elders' wives, LOL!

Well, we learned that, for a certainty, those in the higher echelons are questioning and may be having their own "Crises of Conscience". We sure and pray hope so.

Well, that is "Good News"! You never know, you might have some visits from the "Boys" - but for different reasons?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    you might have some visits from the "Boys" - but for different reasons?

Sure would!

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

The "Sunday" program has had a devastating effect on many dubs here in Oz...

what was in the sunday program that was so devastating?

jackie

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

In answer to the Poll:

We got a renovation going in the Hall, and we, the sisters, HATED the colors chosen. One elder and his wife had picked them out, this tiny, fat, annoying man had chosen all shades of pink for the Hall. Naturally, since even the body of elders was a clique, the other elders, and their pink colored, flowered wifes backed him up.

But we, the many too many, were disgusted by the audacity and horrible taste. But naturally, we weren't a democracy and were told to shut up or face the consequences....

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    what was in the sunday program that was so devastating?

G'day TheSilence,

The easiest way to answer that is for you to do a search here using the "Sunday". There are many threads in the Child Abuse forum.

Cheers, Ozzie

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

thanks ;)

jackie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    annoying man had chosen all shades of pink for the Hall

I wouldn't have taken your town as being pink, Viv!

Cheers, Ozzie (of the out on a limb class)

• Englishman
    Englishman

I seem to recall that many of the KH's in Navy towns such as Portsmouth, Plymouth, Chatham and Rosyth were painted in a delicate shade of Battleship Grey.

There was an awful lot of that paint around...

Englishman.

• JH
    JH

Who chose the colours in your Kingdom Hall?

I don't know who chose the colors of my kingdom hall, but the colors are nice. (I'm color blind by the way) believe me, nice colors...

I missed many meetings years ago, and when I came back it was all changed, for the best, except for the chairs. They added 2 inches of padding to the already padded chairs. I felt as if I was sitting too high. Some small sisters feet couldn't even touch the floor.

Nice to be part of your poll Ozziepost.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit