If you had the choice...

by JH 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

If you had the choice, would you rather live up to 80 years old, of which you would be healthy 70 years and sick 10 years, or

Would you rather live up to 800 years old, of which you would be healthy 700 years and sick 100 years?

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Morning JH,

As to living 800 years and seeing all of my imediate family die would not be and tempting item to me.

Goshawk

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I'll stick with the regular lifespan, thanks.

800, sagging more than one could ever know is a fate worse than death itself .

Not pretty, yup...better off dead.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

but giving the possibility of a far better (and may be cheaper) healthcare , I choose for the first 700 years. Life is beautifull I think. CW

• JH
    JH

I would rather live 700 years healthy and for the 100 years of sickness, I would ask for euthanasia.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Why not go for the long haul, a lifetime of being a grumpy old fart.. Hmm, not that unusual actually!

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Considering the fact that by the time you reach 70-80 years old most of your immediate family is already dead, I don't think it matters. I'll take more life.

• Francois
    Francois

Ha. You changed the argument for yourself. Not quite fair. You didn't state all the options upfront.

Actually, I'm only 58 and one of my friends since the 8th grade died a month ago. I still haven't come to terms with it. I don't see the benefit of living for seven hundred years and being a medical curiosity, especially when my cosmic beliefs say there is so much more waiting on us in the next level of being. I haven't noticed that life on this planet is all that enjoyable. I'd rather get on with my universe career.

francois

• azaria
    azaria

?I don’t like your choices JH, so I’m going to change it.If I had the choice I would like to live to one hundred years and be physically and mentally healthy.

sagging more than one could ever know is a fate worse than death itself .

I guess that would be a pretty pathetic sight, dragging your neck across the ground. But do like me, choose a different scenario, then you can keep your good looks!

my cosmic beliefs say there is so much more waiting on us in the next level of being. I haven't
    noticed that life on this planet is all that enjoyable. I'd rather get on with my universe career.

I would really chose that one, though I do think that there is a lot of wonderful things on this planet, inspite of all the sorrow.

Francois: I think there’s going to be a cat fight between Mr. Moe and me. This is me, this is Mr. Moe, just kidding Mr. Moe!

• shamus
    shamus

The question here is how sick? Like, in agony every day, or living with heart disease.

I would take the 700 years if that's the case! Also, I would be the "crazy old man" down the street, blowing my fortune amassed in 700 years on something that would ruin the neighbourhood - like the worlds largest stuffed gorilla in my front yard....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit