The Matrix is Loaded, but with What?

by Satanus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

Not really sure that I got all the religious references in 'The Matrix" but "The Matrix Reloaded' seemed to seethe with them...

I highly recommend both films. They are way cool, especially if you're wondering about perception vs. reality, solid vs. energy, etc., etc.

SS -- I didn't so much notice that most of the good guys were black as I did that Agent Smith was the quintessential G-man -- white and slighty (?) abusive of his authoritarian power.

Crinkelstein -- interesting info on the Maravingian. I wasn't so sure that The Architect was the creator, either. Don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet, though, so I won't posit my alternative thought just yet.

out

• Satanus
    Satanus
    because to the white teenagers who are the primary audience for this movie, African-Americans embody a cool, a cachet, an authenticy. Morpheus is the power center of the movie, and Neo's role is essentially to study under him and absorb his mojo.

That is the perception. In this movie, i think it goes further than that. The blacks have risen above the herd and found an exit from the matrix. Then they help the white folks out of it. The oracle (black also) is still in it, but she is teaching students how to rise above.

SS

• jelly
    jelly

SaintSatan,

SaintSatan,

• jelly
    jelly

SaintSatan,(ignore the above post)

For your premise to hold, you need to reconcile all the white people on the government council, and the central role many white people played.

I took a different meaning from all the black actors but since I just got back from the movie literally minutes ago I hope I can communicate it clearly. When you look at art from Africa, you tend to see a very ‘color out side the lines approach’. Or, for example the dance seen in the movie, very African. It almost looked like a type of chaos, very human. No patterns, no order just expression the complete opposite of what a computer would do. Compare African art with some Japanese art; Japanese art tends to almost be binary in nature, much more closely to machine in nature. The point is, African culture tends to produce people that would be more willing to live without machines. So maybe the point is that out of all the people offered the out from the matrix, the ones that choose would be the ones that happen to be more willing to live without machines, which happens to be prodominatly A-Americans.

My argument is not well formed; maybe tomorrow I will try to clarify.

Terry

• Satanus
    Satanus

Jelly

You must be referring to the movie that just came out. I appreciate input on it, as i haven't seen it yet.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have nothing outstanding to offer. I saw the reloaded, 2 hours of kung fu(sp). I thught at the end-there was a jesus christ, satan reference, when they showed the 2 guys, side by side-one good, a savior, one bad, satan. That is indepth as i can get.

weds

• avishai
    avishai

One could also make the case that the matrix reloaded is full of conspiracy theory/masonic lore/"illuminati/ type stuff. In the end of Reloaded, they say that 23 people are needed for a mission. Also the merovingians were descendents of Jesus christ in masonic lore.

at the start of the film, when all that binary code is oozing along like a tunnel, right before the actual "film" starts, it zeros in on an upsidedown 23 and shoots into it

• Satanus
    Satanus

Apparently, w bush's picture is in matrix reloaded. See http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=32708

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well Im a hardened old cinema goer and have become cynical over the past ten years. I dont go more than 3 times a year, but I was impressed. Its slower than the first movie, true, but its not boring even when its slow. But there are two fight sequences, in a square with Agent Smith whop endlessly replicates himself, and in a mansion with ancient weaponry, these are two of the greatest action sequences ever witnesses on a screen . Mind boggling.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon
    Neo's apartment number is 101, suggesting that he's "the one." Neo is shot in apartment number 303, and after 72 seconds (72 hours = 3 days), he rises again.

Wow! George Orwell (1984, Room 101, the place where your worst fears are realised) to Jesus! Hmmmm... I'll count those seconds though; is it 72", or 71.67", 'cause we all know what it means if it's 71.67"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit