Did You Feel Bad About How YOU Treated Disfellowshipped Ones?

by minimus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• dedalus
    dedalus

There are only two possible answers here:

1) No, because I didn't shun them like I was supposed to.

2) Yes, because I shunned them like I was supposed to.

Dedalus

• minimus
    minimus

yes, Dedalus, that was a yes or no question, now wasn't it?

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

We didn't have that many disfellowshiped ones around our hall so I didn;t get a chance to really deal badly with them. We had one couple that was disfellowshiped and they started coming again and after the meeting they were in the back and I was headed for the bathroom and we met eye contact and I nodded my head and said that it was good to see them and hoped everything was well.

The next week one of the elders got on stage and made a VERY strongly worded admonition about talking to disfellowshiped ones. He got beat red and was almost pounding on the podium in fury. That opened my eyes a little bit more because I could tell that this wasn't the love that Jesus talked about. And even Jesus wouldn't act this way. Look at how Peter denied Christ and how Christ still acted in a loving way towards him and never removed him from being an apostle. But if you deny the GB then you are as good as dead. Explain that one you deformed body of elders.

• Jayson
    Jayson

No, but I do regret not treating JW's worse.

• shamus
    shamus

I never treated them badly - but did shun them. Those poor people. Minimus, glad to hear that your neice is doing good - is she still trying to get back into the borg? Worded more correctly, is she trying to get back in?

• Huxley
    Huxley

My best friend disassociated himself and had the strength to call me and let me know. I told him I couldn't speak with him anymore.

This has haunted me for 11 years...

Huxley

• zanex
    zanex

yes...I do regret those disfellowshipped that I treated with cold disregard...karma is a bitch...

-Z-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit