A Schubert Impromptu

by Farkel 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Franz Schubert was an Austrian composer who at one time studied with the infamous Antonio Scalieri. Those of you who watched the movie "Amadeus" will remember Scalieri. Schubert was born in 1797 and died in 1828 at the tender age of 31. Even so, his music shows an incredible amount of maturity. He (like Beethoven) lived during that period of transition between the Viennese Classical era and the Romantic era. He worshipped Beethoven and one can hear the influence Beethoven had on him in his music. Yet, Schubert's music is totally unlike any other.

Impromptu Opus 90 No. 4

Farkel

• Valis
    Valis

Thanks Farkies...you rock man!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• wednesday
    wednesday

that was very relaxing Farkel. I'm putting it in my files so when i do my relaxation, i can use it.

weds

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hey Valis!

Mind if I put that graphic on my site? I will give full credit to "District Overbeer!"

Farkel

• Valis
    Valis

Farkies...help yourself my good man...("good" is purely an observation) In fact you could really be some old JW lady who still plays the Kingdom Songs at the Kingdom Hall, before and after the deliverance of spiritual food to the flock. Thing is you kick ass on the piano so you could be you and some old JW lady who still plays the Kingdom Songs at the Kingdom Hall, before and after the deliverance of spiritual food to the flock, S'OK w/me.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Bravo! Farkel!!

That was beautiful. I appreciate you giving a piece of history of the muscians masterpieces you play. I loved the movie Amadeus, I will have to watch it again to notice the Scaleri character.

BTW, thanks for the cd, it's forever stuck in my cd player in my car, was that intentional that you can't eject it???

• blondie
    blondie

I have this piece and others in my disc library. I'm getting it out to play tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder, Farkel.

Blondie

• Farkel
    Farkel

blondie,

: I have this piece and others in my disc library. I'm getting it out to play tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder, Farkel.

I can't play it like the Masters. I'm just an amateur hacker. Don't expect more than that from my music. I was a dumb dub who wasn't allowed to attend a good music University, remember?

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

npy.

: BTW, thanks for the cd, it's forever stuck in my cd player in my car, was that intentional tat you can't eject it?

Yes. If you try to take it out, your whole car and half your neighborhood will be blown to smitherines! This is true. I SWEAR I'm not making this up!

Farkel, of the Sparkle Class

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

WOW!

I'd tell ya I'm impressed, but ya already KNOW that!

VERY nice, Fark!

Luv Ya,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit