Why do elders step down when their children are disfellowshipped?

by truthseeker 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Let's use that principle in connection with the Elders being the Spiritual Fathers of the flock their Spiritual Children.

According to much information posted on this forum,Elders come up way short in their handling problems in the congregation,their Household.

Therefore,they should ALL step down! This is in accord with the C.O'S.that have in the past disbanded whole congregations even having the Elder body removed for failure to care properly with their Spiritual Household.

I know this for a fact,because, one C.O.threathened the whole body( that I was once associated,) with deletion, unless we got our act together! We had to sign a letter to that effect! Something he said he needed to show in his report to the Society.

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

It's supposed to be "step aside". You know, there's no rank in the theocracy. We're all the same: "brothers".

• Soledad
    Soledad

for failing to "mentally regulate" their children. perhaps a couple of more beatings during the talks would

have prevented df's ?

• Azalo
    Azalo

Wednesday:

Who cares if she lied to the elders! What qualifies them to be judge and jury, I doubt any of them went to law school and they all probably went in the bathroom and jacked off afterwards.

about the topic, my father didnt step down and wasnt deleted but this was one of the things that most concerned me about fading away, cause i would have felt guilty about that.

• happy man
    happy man

Intresting topic.

Myself was put down beaucause they say i must take care of my family, 2 children dont want to bee JWs, I have read widh them always take them widh me in service and so on, I have been elder fore over 20 year at the time, the real reason was that I told the CO on a eldermeting that he was unfair to young peopel always talking about how bad they was, but when it comes to elders how have one firms and business go down and they do bankrupty, he dont say anything even if they do this several times, it is bad moral I told him in both cases whyakt sohard when iit comes to sexual things but when it comes to business it was notso important.

After thatI was told tostep down.

Funny thing was that short after this the most hard elder in our cong have a children how leave the truht to live a homosexual life, and nowan talking about that he must godown.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit