OUT OF THE MOUTH OF A BABE

by Dansk 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

I was informed the following incident actually took place:

Two elders were having a conversation at the front of the kingdom hall when a little girl walked up behind one and then came around to his front and looked up at his face. She then went back behind him and looked at the back of his head, before coming round again to look back up at his face. This went on for a couple more times before the elder concerned was no longer able to contain his curiosity at the little girl's actions. Looking down at her he asked: "What's the matter?"

The little girl replied: "Well, I heard my mummy say you had two faces."

Whoooooooooops!

• Prisca
    Prisca

ROTFLOL!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Does impending "investigational committee" come to mind?

Yes, out of the mouth of babes.

Good post, Dansk.

Craig

• Deleted
    Deleted

Not quite the same but it has stayed with me since: After we were out about 3 months I asked my then 16 year old son how he felt about not going to meetings. Since he was always a good little JW, I thought he might feel bad about it or us. Without a blink he said "I just feel that we left a minimum security cult". And that was that.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    thought he might feel bad about it or us. Without a blink he said "I just feel that we left a minimum security cult

Yep smart son you got there

• onacruse
    onacruse

Del, and that 16-yr-old boy's Dad ain't all that bad himself! Katie and I are glad to have made your (and wifey's) acquaintance. Free beer at MeetUp is a pretty good deal! LOL

Craig

• Buster
    Buster

Glen, I've used that quote at least a dozen times times since I first heard you say it - brilliant.

- Cliff

• Buster
    Buster

Craig, - free beer? FREE BEER? I miss one meetup and all of a sudden its free? Damn

• Latte
    Latte

Dansk...is that for real?? lol

Now which elder could that be ?? (deep thought.,...yes, I can do that ! lol)

'two faced' would fit the profile of quite a few elders I know of late. lol

Thanks for the giggle!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hey, Latte, you're 666

Dansk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit