Signs That Armageddon is "Any Day Now"

by Nevuela 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

Remember Harold Camping? End times nut bags abound. And they never learn.

I am more than half a century old now. Fifty plus years is not soon. Neither is 100+ years, nor is 2000+ years. Anyone who has been a JW for a number of years has got to be wondering... Where the hell is Armageddon?!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

This was so funny, By D. Dawsey

The end times is like watching children argue over the material of Santa Claus' clothing

to the brightness of his reindeer's red nose. One side argues that Santa's belt is patent

leather, not the rawhide that the other group claim it is. The other side insists that

Rudolph's nose glows at precisely 100 watts and not a bit more.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The real truth to the matter is that Christ's return and mankind is living in the last days was a marketing ploy and strategy for the Watchtower Corpation in the selling of its publications..

These so called doctrines were actually commercialized doctrines , even though they were not scriptural supported.

Oh well when your trying to sell or proliferate literature , who really reads the bible and Jesus's own words about preaching the Gospel ?

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

Da.Furious - My roommate said last year that she believes the Great Tribulation HAS already begun. I think a lot of people combine the G.T. and the big A into one epic cataclysm for simplicity's sake. After all, isn't Armageddon pretty much like the grand finale of a fireworks show?

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

DJS - I will most certainly NOT find another roommate, because for all her talk of conspiracy theories and Satan's system and Armageddon, she is (believe it or not) hands-down the easiest person in the world to get along with. In. The. World. She is kind, compassionate, empathetic, forgiving, optimistic, generous, encouraging... literally THE nicest, happiest person you could ever hope to meet. I do not exaggerate.

Despite her many health problems, she still manages to be incredibly positive. Everything about her is like the polar opposite of what I know about JWs as a whole. When I said "if anyone deserves to be anointed, it's her" I meant it. Doesn't mean I actually believe it. In fact, I can't help but worry that she's suffering from a delusion (aside from all the obvious stuff, of course).

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I really do appreciate reminders like this!

They never fail to elicit a smile, sometimes a chuckle or a smirk.

Thank you, Watchtower assholes! You smug, self-righteous idiots!

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

Heaven - I saw on my roommate's Facebook page a couple weeks back yet another conversation between her and her fellow JW friends regarding how near Armageddon is. One friend who is at least a decade older than my 60-something roommate commented that she had been waiting for over 60 years, to which my roommate responded with something along the lines of her wait being almost over. It sounded to me like her friend was trying to hint at the fact that she'd been fed the same BS since childhood and that the answer is always "any time now."

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Benzodiazepines should be tapered down so you don't suffer "withdrawal."

They are tranquilizers that treat anxiety and agitation, but if you go off of them suddenly, you can have rebound symptoms, which are a worsening of the agitation. That's why they should be tapered.

I hope this person has a competent doctor.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Heaven asked, "Remember Harold Camping?"

Yes I do, but I prefer Camper von Beethoven

Click to play "Take the Skinheads Bowling."

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Early eighties? Mid eighties?

Never heard it before, but I like it!

I remember going to school in the late seventies and eighties and watching old movies with squiggly lines from the fifties.

Jesus, I'm getting old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit