We were fooled by the. " Jehover" of the W.T.

by The Rebel 11 Replies latest jw friends

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I think that's a fair comment.

Not to all. I did not join the JWs. I had that organization shove down my throat since the day I was born. That was not something I chose to join. And so is the case of all those born in. We were not "fooled"; we were raised to believe that crap.

As for "god" outside the JWs, personally I can't care less one way or another. I decided that if there's such a wonderful god that loves me and has an important message, he should personally do the leg work and talk to me. That's not too much to ask. No 2000 year old books, no knocking on my door, no sending his son to die for me, no church, none of that --it that has caused more harm to humanity than good.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Outlaw " is there reason to believe God exists?...no evidence so far.

is there a possibility God exists? There is always a possibility.

And in my opinion that possibility is a long shot, but I have friends who believe in God, they never try to put on a show for me, and they certainly arn't trying to convert me. But God is real to them, and in my opinion they are lucky to have something that's " real" to them.

As for those posters on this thread that have expressed so eloquently why they still have a faith in God, no sarcastic comments form me, as I havnt been preached to or called wicked for not sharing that faith. My guess is somethings people believe which can't be proved, and maybe that's a crutch, a fragile hope but often its something inside a person which has nothing to do with religious training.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit