We were fooled by the. " Jehover" of the W.T.

by The Rebel 11 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I think that's a fair comment. But I am not convinced by the " God" outside the W.T so far, and I think that's also a fair comment. If God exists why does he seem a complete liability to convincing the majority of decent people I know to associate with his one true religios organisation? Ok let's be optimistic, and not overreact, I am sure iam missing some elementary answers as to why God exists, so no soul grapes but answers that God is blameless for the condition of the world today I don't accept.

Still optimistic for some great answers as for why I should believe a God outside the W.T exists.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Rebel,

I have been through a lot in my life personally and seen a lot go on in this world that just did not make me one bit happy with my surroundings. Here is where I always get into a world of trouble on this forum! !! I have never blamed my loving and caring God for these things because there was always a HUMAN or THING playing a part in the evil things going on around me.

I will give you a couple of examples my mother was evil, yes the alcohol she drank made her very evil. I went out of my way till the day I put her in a nursing home to try to make her like me 60+ years. She was still beating me up.

I had cancer from my water supply government official hid the fact that there was far to much lead in the water.

We have had many wars throughout history that is because humans cannot figure out how to get along peacefully.

We just went through a major financial crisis world wide that is because we have some major "Satans" working in the banking industry and governments allow this crap to go on. One of these power houses stood before congress and had the gull to say but we are immune from all federal and state laws and still to this day he pulls down a disgusting salary with bonus that none of us will ever see in a lifetime. (Sorta sounds a little like another organization we all are familiar with you think)

My Loving and caring God has walked with me in the good times and carried me through all the trials. On my wall in my bedroom hangs poem. I am not very good at links. It is a poem then made into a song. I normally read this twice a day.

Footprints in the Sand

I believe in God, I am very spiritual, and I no longer believe in the Bible. I do a lot of charity work for children and women.

PS God has made me a very strong lady through all of my trials. I am a survivor and I raised two wonderful kids by myself. I was a very successful business woman and when I decided to go into semi retirement at 50 my clients were not a happy lot. Then at 62 they really were not happy because the remaining lot got the boot except one who refuses to leave. Well he gave me an offer I could not refuse to stay on board.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

rebelfighter, thanks for the post. In my opinion who am I to argue a personal relationship. You don't have an organisation a Cathederal, or a church, but you have your " footprints in the sand" . Those footprints in the sand are light enough for me to respect. But I do think if we put an organisation/ church in front of those footprints, then those footprints should be challenged.

Thanks for a good answer as to why I should believe in God outside the W.T. In my eyes I respect that.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Thanks Rebel.

I actually attended and was a member of the Lutheran Church until I was 50. Just saw to much of the lying and favoritism and men of the cloth committing adultery. (Elders and Ministers )

Then when I needed my church the most no one showed up. My plea to my minister for some spiritual guidance and support when I had cancer and asked my abusive husband to exit the home no one showed up from the church not even the minister that married us.

• Hernandez
    Hernandez

I have been a Catholic since I left the Jehovah's Witnesses in July of 1999.

From the Catholic view, you don't have to do anything more than be as you are and accept what you can accept. At least from our point of view, when you search for truth and find any facet of it, you are searching and finding God. Regardless if that "truth" is designated secular or religious, any type of truth is some aspect of God.

The Catholic concept that our church is the one founded by Jesus does not mean that God only works through us, that there is only one true organization you must belong to, or God only cares for or saves those who belong to a certain group, denomination or organization, or that God is accessible only to Christians or Jews or Muslims or even to religious people. And God is not merely someone you search for. Like the father who watched and waited on the road for any sign of his prodigal son's return, God searches for you.

It doesn't have to be a religious experience either. Some of us who were Jehovah's Witnesses can't stomach religion anymore. Ever eat something that was so delicious to the point of getting sick and vomiting? You will probably never go near that food or any that reminds you of it. This can happen with religion. God understands this can happen, and would never expect you to do something you couldn't or "judge you" because of this. To Catholics, God is not limited to religion and does not judge those who, through no fault of their own, cannot stomach the idea. Trees, birds, puppies, kittens, stars, and flowers do not worship in churches, never pray, and have no capacity for faith in God, yet God gives them life and cares for them anyway. You who are created in God's image are worth more than many trees, puppies, flowers and stars.

Do what you can, what your conscience tells you is right. Even Scripture states that God will give eternal life to those without his law merely on the basis of how well they listened to the dictates of their conscience. (Romans 2.14-16) While Catholics admit they might not know it all, and I admit that I might not be entirely right, I can at least attest to the fact that the "concept" of God outside Kingdom Halls is very different.

• prologos
    prologos

We were fooled by the assumption, used by WT promises and premises of having special status, exemption from the law of nature, protection from "god" for us, our family, our religion to the detriment others, our friendly competitors. Creation, existence is a gift, as it is, use it well.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I remember hearing complaints over newer study books versus "You Can Live Forever on Paradise Earth". The complaint was that the WBTS scaled down newer books by only teaching Witnesses beliefs and removed portions that disproved other religions. The WBTS did.does an excellent job convincing its people that there can only be one true religion, one true god, and they are it.

So, once you come to learn the Truth about the Truth, it is easy to come to the conclusion that no religion is correct and there is no god.

• millie210
    millie210

I love reading such honest sincere thoughts.

Thanks everyone.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

why I should believe a God outside the W.T exists.....The Rebel

Is there a reason to believe God exists?......No evidence so far..

Is there a possibility God Exists?.....There is always a possibility..

Image result for agnostic clarence darrow

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

truth_b_known - "...once you come to learn the Truth about the Truth, it is easy to come to the conclusion that no religion is correct..."

Yup, credit where credit's due.

The Org's done a stellar job immunizing the majority of us against any other form of religious expression. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit