How was your day/ week thread?

by The Rebel 33 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thanks for " runting" " sowhatnow" it was the first post I have read of yours and it was very enlightening and made me appreciate, we are all living vital humun beings and the complexities of our life's are challenging. Therefore your spending the time posting on this site is a kindness I now appreciate.

Thanks for the post.

The Rebel.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub
    Thank you Rebel...
  • Giordano
    Giordano

My rant now...........I saw my son on Saturday, it was great being with him, but I cried loads after we parted as it will be two weeks before we meet again.

There may be a way to change that dynamic slightly.

Thinking back to your son's age...... I have many memories but most things tend to blend together. However the special days stand out crystal clear. The memories are as clear as can be, they make me smile. There was the event but looking back as a mature man, you remember the experience as a special gift, be it the words of encouragement, the love, the sacrifices that person made because when we grow up we come to really understand how kind and generous that friend or parent was.

Your every two week visit is an opportunity for you to accomplish in one afternoon or day what can't really be accomplished on an every day basis....... to make each of these distinct days as memorable as possible. To share a precious gift that will be with him for the rest of his life and yours.

Something experienced by both of you in the same place at the same time. Be it a movie, a favorite restaurant, shopping together, a sport. Meeting mutual friends if possible, visiting a museum, a concert, buying a book or DVD. Visiting second hand shops and 'lucking out' when you and your son find just the right fishing pole or musical instrument, or garment.

It's there for you guys to share. And when the visit ends the tears will be tears of joy.

In later years when your talking about this or that...... one of you will say......."remember that time we........"

And those will be the sweetest words to hear.

• KateWild
    KateWild

SoWhatNow,

That was very expressive and honest. I feel for you and your challenges you are going through this week. Good luck with the break up.

Kate xx

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

To make this thread more meaningful I will say my real name is Mike, and I am such a terrible person my former friends wanted to arrange a special emergency meeting to disfellowship me. The meeting was to take place on Monday the ....well that's not important, what is important is I was not found hiding from the meeting in a near by dustbin, nor did I defend myself, instead I simply did not attend. More importantly I learnt if former friends treat me like that, they were never friends, and I will certainly not go through my life with there "option" is the all and end of of what's important.

So how was my day? Bloody wonderful, even if the motion is to " unanimously" dismiss such thoughts because I believe/ don't believe in God/ . Such threads are insane, we leave being Jehoves witnesses and we need special emergency meetings to discuss if God exists. That is useless, unless you want the 300 honors and a noble prize to prove the point either way,

The Rebel

• millie210
    millie210

Hi Mike,

You are a very special person I have noticed. You have a vibrational energy that resonates with the feelings of others around you.

Those are unique people who do that and you are one.

Wonderful thread concept.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I'm not in a good place so everything seems grim......except Nestle Crunch chocolate.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

All good here: Healthy thus far, job/money enough to pay bills, have fun and put aside a bit for a rainy day, beloved family members alive and well. Overall, doing well.

Regarding JW stuff, in one ear out the other. Once the feelings of obligation and guilt disappear thanks to knowing TTATT, it is all good.

Live well, be well y'all!!!

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Sowhatnow,

When you finally break it off, please take some time to work on yourself. Figure out and correct the reason why you attract these type of men.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

DY

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Millie210 thank you for that wonderful compliment and to add to your appreciation society of those that post, I have followed your posts and learnt so much, mainly that we can spend, years, months, days and nights learning about things that matter not. However your post to me was a transcendent touch of love, and it's meaning awakened in to me the realisation I am Mike, who ever he may be....I am Mike.

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit