How was your day/ week thread?

by The Rebel 33 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

This thread is for when you have to say something to get it out of the system, whether it is happy or sad. My reason for stating the thread is that on occasion some threads do tend to get a little heated here, and maybe this thread will enable us to reflect on the important fact, we are real people and not just dots on a computer screen.

I would love to start the thread with a bang, but nothing of particular interest has happened, only I do hope the weather improves as the climate I live in has been sadly chilly for the time of year, (if you get the deeper meaning)

The Rebel.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Rebel,

My wish for you is much better weather. Two years ago I moved to accomplish just that, at 7 AM I am sitting outside with my coffee and typing. I know you can hate me for that. Our change of seasons are 20 to 30 degrees. And recovery occurs during the day normally.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yes Rebel I agree the weather is cold for March, but it was last year too. Here in Liverpool is colder than Watford.

My rant now...........I saw my son on Saturday, it was great being with him, but I cried loads after we parted as it will be two weeks before we meet again. It's so mechanical, but I am maintaining the binds until he is free. We both look forward to a future not controlled by his JW father.

Kate xx

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Rebelfighter. " my wish was to achieve better weather. Two years ago I moved to accomplish that.....I know you can hate me for that, our change of season 20 to 30 degrees"

The Rebel, " Rebelfighter" I don't hate you for that I envy you, but I do hate you for choosing a way better and more imaginative user/ name than my " The Rebel"

The Rebel.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Katewild, you are what this board is about, and I have loved reading your post history, you make this place humun. And what I mean by that is you are so much more in your posts than a dot on a computer screen, you come across to me as a woman whose breasts rise and fall as she breaths, a woman alive in her sensitivity and emotions. That to me means " You will Never walk alone" even if you don't attend the matches.

The Rebel

p.s I believe we are all people with emotions and sensitivity, none of us should be seen as dots on a computer screen.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks Rebel,

Yes I can be passionate and it sometimes gets me in trouble with Simon, but in the end he always forgives me.

Kate xx

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Thanks Rebel,

The Rebel part of the name is what my mother called all my life and I earned every bit of it and still do.

The Fighter part of the name is what what the "Elder" called me because I fight everything I disagree with no matter what is right or wrong.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub
    I celebrated my birthday with friends on the weekend - for the first time!!! My d'fd sister & my niece are taking me out to dinner for my birthday next weekend. Again for the first time...
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

ill bite.

my week was frustrating.

my job of housecleaning leaves me exhausted. and in pain. Im sick of it but cant ever find a job that makes that much . what i make in 4 hours id have to work three 8 hour days to make. i like my time to be available.[no weekends no evenings.]

i learned my son got unexpectedly laid off and is now looking at a job in another state to relocate.

he was very very upset, that was a good paying job.

and he just planned a wedding and reserved the church and reception hall. and....

I cosigned his auto loan... guess who had to pay that .now I'm broke.

cant just ruin my credit and leave him without a car for work.

oh i regret that now, [the price of the car not the Co- signing]

my sofa needs replaced , i need a new shock in my car.

well,with a car loan now,how could I get any of those now.

I might be breaking it off with the guy i am seeing, he reminds me too much of my x, always in his garage working on stuff.

and still has his adult kids living at home with a grand kid, who he seems to watch a lot,

and they have no car so he lets them use his and gee Im finding myself picking him up more and more.

all weekend he was working on his projects, and I had to go pick him up to see him for a lousy three hours then had to take him home. this man has a good job, but his kids manipulate his time .

and oh gee surprise, i find he likes motorcycles. which is why hes always at his shop.....

i told myself im not dating men with a bike, that's their priority . and i find that it is.

no time for me or a relationship, well, been there done that.

32 years of competing with alcohol, a motorcycle, and lack of time spent together ruined my marriage.

its so hard breaking it off with men, the last one was quite devastated, and this one might be too. but I hope not. hes very nice, but I cant handle that lifestyle again. I don't want to repeat the last 20 years of my life.

I guess Im a heart breaker, but im not going to be competing for a few hours of mans time again , with other people and his garage projects. Im not looking for an occasional boy friend. I want a commitment.

by the time your 50 you should be past the constant working on house and cars and having kids living at home.

the fact that there is no one around my area that has any knowledge of anything other than beer and bikes and guns. makes it nearly impossible for me.

I swear I'm living in the wrong place. god dont men read? dont they have any interesting conversations ? Im by no means a brainiac, but god, Im not going to sit and watch tv all the time. stand in a garage and watch someone get dirty with oil, or walk and talk about nothing.

these guys are like, 'if it doesn't affect me why worry about it, dont care, i cant change things so why worry about it.'

wow, well gee , um, there's science, history religion, politics, medical, subjects to talk about, and if you read a magazine [or gasp, a book] once in a while, and not a repair manual, you might learn something interesting and fun.

no culture!

well gee thanks for letting me rant. lol,

now Im off to work.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Jaidubdud, wow that is so fantastic, it would be even more wonderful if they take you to the latest Broadway show, where Jeffrey Jackson of the G.B is playing, Super Pious "Pope" X1V in " Visions of the Bible"

Enjoy your Birthday meal with d'fd sister and niece :-)

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit