Field Service

by Ding 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

For those who are still attending meetings, what is happening at your congregation regarding field service now that reporting of hours is no longer required?

Are the elders pushing for people to go out in service anyway?

What is the response?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

In my dumbass congregation, they are regularly still going out as if nothing changed

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

Even before the no reporting changes field service dropped right off. It was covid that changed everything. People never went back in any meaningful way. Ten mins door to door is about it. Evidenced by the fact that the territory maps are just not getting done.

Zoom ministry is just an excuse for a social club. Meeting in people’s homes is usually hybrid groups these days. The ones on zoom get to chat to ones in person attending the group.

The latest thing is if it’s a lovely day letter writing in the park. Yes that’s actually a thing.

Many just say ‘park witnessing’ which just means a walk around the park looking for people to chat to.

there is a new approach these days of just chatting and listening not even talking about the Bible at all first time.

in one of the videos a sister said she loves the new way, she just talks to people about anything and doesn’t bring up the Bible at all.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

The minute they stopped counting time. My fathers computer got put away on a Saturday. And now he kicks back in his chair. Bless you my sweet dad. He is assigned to stand beside a cart every do many weeks. It’s more just a social thing for him now.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

It’s just a social thing for most of us now and maybe this is by design. The GB did hire a PR company as they were so desperate to stop the bleeding.

My guess is that the GB paid millions for a PR company to come up with obvious suggestions many of which we have seen implemented already.

Next is slacking off even more on old direction and an easier more pleasant JW lite approach. Where all members don’t feel like they are being pressured to do more all the time as they used to be pressured.

The new way is to just try to participate once a month which means having a chat to someone or sending a welfare message.

You don’t need to to door to door anymore.

You also don’t need to fear like you used to. This is a hard change for long time JWs but the new light is that even unrighteous ones may survive Armageddon.

the new JWs don’t feel guilty like they used to, you can be in the fringes but nobody frowns on you like they used to.

most of the congregation is the same these days on the fringes and nobody frowns on them, except a few die hard pioneers who moan that they don’t have any support on the ministry as nobody does door to door anymore

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Just a few years ago pre-pandemic I remember local needs talks at the serve-us meetings if you only got 2hrs a month in FS and the great tribulation came,,,,,you were likely NOT to make it through..

That is if you could be doing more FS..

Now that "hour requirement" is gone .WTF.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Mikejw - “…most of the congregation is the same these days on the fringes and nobody frowns on them, except a few die hard pioneers who moan that they don’t have any support on the ministry as nobody does door to door anymore.”

Wow.

I guess works-based tribal status just ain’t what it used to be anymore, huh?

😏

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

The entire organisation is not what it used to be. Everything is changing at such a fast pace.

at this rate it will be completely different again in another tennyears

• Ding
    Ding

The GB must not believe their own teaching about the imminence of Armageddon.

If they did, wouldn't they be doubling down instead of making all these changes?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Mikejw:

The GB did hire a PR company as they were so desperate to stop the bleeding.

That certainly seems to be the case. Is there more detail available?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit