Does anyone else’s household run at 200 decibels?

by hippikon 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Shakita
    Shakita

The pitter patter of little feet doesn't last too long, does it?

My kids were all very VOCAL children. Started when they were little babies screaming at a pitch that would take the paint off the walls.....I don't know how I still have my hearing. As the kids got older they started mixing their screaming with whining, so it wasn't as loud. It didn't really change until the older ones got into their teens when their screaming and whining turned into a much quieter form of communication.....manipulation. This subtle form of manipulation by smart teenagers is something that never goes out of style. I did it with my parents, my kids did it with me, and if there is a God, their children will do it to them.

I suggest putting a room aside, padding the walls, and let the kids scream as loud as they want. Your sanity is worth it.

Mrs. Shakita

• rocketman
    rocketman

My guess is that they probably peak at about 90 db. Not even jet planes hit 200 db.

• Francois
    Francois

Face it. When momma ain't happy, nobody is happy.

francois

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Add two basset hounds to two children, and it gets REALLY noisy, especially if the dogs are having their afternoon playtime. Lots of barking, baying, and "shut up" from the kids.

Nina (of the Earplugs class)

• dyan4help
    dyan4help

I have a 14 and a 16 year old armed with steros, with head sets that collect dust. What upsets them is I am learning the words to their music and sing along.

Dyan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit