Df'ing threat losing power?

by metatron 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Flip, thanks for your concern. She did shunned me at first, then changed her mind. Now she's gone back to shunning. That's why I thought maybe the borg was applying fresh pressure. Yes, it's very painful not to be able to have a normal relationship with your daughter. I sent her an e-mail encouraging her to break away from their mind control, but of course, I haven't heard from her. There's always hope.

• LDH
    LDH

Slip,

When I was df'd (for 4 whole months) I avoided people like you who continued to talk to me. The elders were keeping an eye and sent a message through my father that I needed to 'actively avoid such ones' in order to show true repentance.

How d'ya like them apples?

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

They get you coming and going don't they?

How did you get reinstated so fast?

I too was unreproved in record time (2 months). Of course, I raised hell with the CO about it.

. o O (slipnslidemaster)

• outnfree
    outnfree

HUNH? GASP!!!

That is just SICK, LDH! I am truly astonished! (Guess I shouldn't be by now, but I am!)

"True repentance" means actively avoiding ones who reach out to show Christian love at the risk of getting in trouble themselves? (Loving you as Christ loved his disciples???? HMMMMM?) You must be RUDE to be repentant?!!

I think I'll go throw up now!
    outnfree

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi outnfree and LDH:

I'll second that about the required no talking to JWs when you're df'd.

When I applied for reinstatement, one elder quite nastily told me he saw me defying the no-talking rule and was talking up a storm to someone at an assembly.

I had to keep my cool and very respectfully and humbly explain to him that I obeyed the rule of coming in after the song, so the attendant had to find an available seat which was in the middle of a row. Then when the sessions were over it was difficult to get out right away so I just sat there for a few minutes minding my own business.

The sister next to me was a stranger to she thought she would be loving and introduce herself to me. I was embarrased so I answered her questions with one-word answers (yeah really talking up a storm)hoping she wouldn't pursue the conversation but she did so I finally had to tell her I was df'd and had been too embarrased to say so right away....she shut up immediately and the air was so thick right there and then I could have sunk into the carpet.

Anyway...he did relent his accusation but his attitude was still far from wanting to accept me back in right away. He really had been the instigator of my df'ing even though I was repentant, so it was obvious to me how much he wanted to accept me back.

So yes they watch you like a hawk...absolutely no talking on your part to others, or they just prolong your reinstatement if that's what you're after.

Had Enough (because it still makes my blood boil)

• LDH
    LDH

Slip,

That's a real trip ain't it? But yes, I was df'd when 4 mos pregnant (it took them a month to make up their pea-brained mind) and re-instated 4 weeks before my daughter was born. Do the math.

I was told directly, that I would be used as an example to the other young ones in the cong.

The rub is, I really was quite repentant at that time. If it happened now, I'd say like Alice on that old TV show, "Kiss my Grits."
    But due to the hard heartedness of the elder body that I met with, and their wanting to 'not have reproach brought on Jehovah's name,' I was df'd.

Because I never showed until 6 1/2 mos pregnant, no one knew why. I was in the front row when the announcement was read, I took my medicine like a big girl. The collective gasp that went up was astonishing. After the meeting, people whom I had know all my life now looked through me rather than at me.

The few who did come up and hug me and say things like 'hurry back' were spoken to by the elders.

So, I appreciate what you're trying to say Slip. It's just that it doesn't help their case any if they've got an over zealous elder body.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I was used as an example also. 13 congregations and 3 circuits involved. I was the only one publicly or privately reproved for underage drinking at a party.

An awful lot of elders children there I noticed. hmmmmm...

My name is Slipnslideius Masterus: commander of the armies of the North, general of the Felix legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius...

• think41self
    think41self

Metatron, good idea, trying to be back door bandits, eh?
    I am glad your step daughter is not being shunned.

Chris Vance...I'm with Flip, I almost felt a physical pain when I read about your daughter cancelling plans to see you. I have no idea if they are increasing the pressure on loyal dubs to enforce shunning, but my whole family of loyal dubs show no sign of weakening. But then again, neither do I, heh heh
    How's this Chris? I am minus a parent...you are minus a daughter...how about we be surrogates for each other? Age doesn't matter!

think41self

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

You know, you guys make trying to fade away quietly really difficult!

I mean, when I read threads like this I'm just dying to walk into a Sunday meeting, grab a mic and shout "F#%@ you, you miserable sodding power crazed gits!!!"

Being an ex-JW really develops fruits of the spirit, such as self-control.....

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit