with Witnesses in secret, out of view, so they wouldn't get into
    trouble with our ever vigilant (and braindead) elders. This
    arrangement seems to be working out.

I wonder if the df'ing arrangement could crumble quietly if
    the Society df's too many young people. I know one congregation
    where it seems the norm among teenagers and this has got to be
    weakening the whole thing especially with parents who are getting
    burned out. Add to the mix the eroding example of elders'
    families and the internet's subtle influence - and who knows?
    Wouldn't it be great to remove this club from blind and
    corrupt theocrats! The Society has got to be worried since they
    create meeting parts at assemblies on shunning family members.
    They also do everything they can to legally hold on to this
    threat and may devote MORE attention to it in new instruction
    for elders.

I used to read Judge Dread comix.
    He once was stopped from enforcing the law by fellow judges
    because they realized they couldn't jail everybody without
    collapsing the system.

So, discreetly converse with df'd people
    take them to lunch away from spying eyes.
    Every little bit helps to break down the sick authority
    of deceived gerontocrats who refuse reform.

metatron

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Ohh Met, I sure hope so!!!!

Ven

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

What you said about assembly parts about shunning family members interests me. A few weeks ago I was going to be in Seattle and I had plans with my JW daughter to spend a few hours together. A few days before I left on my trip she left a message on our answering machine saying she couldn't see me. Has there been one of these assembly parts recently?

• Mulan
    Mulan

I live in the Seattle area and have a good source for JW information. She hasn't told me anything like this recently, from assemblies, but at the KH she goes to, they are lining up to target us now, for apostasy. Can I use your laugh, Venice? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!! And the source of all the information they have on us? MY MOTHER!!! So maybe there has been letters from the Society on this issue. My friend keeps telling her elder husband, that there have been no announcements about us, so she will keep seeing me, because she isn't a mind reader. He is an elder, and told her to keep on keeping on!! Cool, eh? By the way, Mom told me about two weeks ago, that she cannot have unconditional love for me because I am an apostate. But she sure takes our money, and anything else we offer her.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Of course you can use my laugh!

Ven

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Even when I was in, I would ALWAYS go right up to a DF'd one and say hello. Talk to them, tell them about the family, ask about theirs.

I hated how they always seemed to hang their head and whisper to me that they were disfellowshipped. I would say "I know" and continue right on talking to them.

. o O (slipnslidemaster)

• Flip
    Flip
    …I had plans with my JW daughter to spend a few hours together. A few days before I left on my trip she left a message on our answering machine saying she couldn't see me.

While I read the above ChrisVance, it felt like something kicked me in the stomach. And I don’t have to say, “I can only imagine how you must have felt”, because as a former Jehovah’s Witness, I’ve been there to.

I can only hope she couldn’t meet with you because something much more important came up. But I fear this is not the case seeing this is your first post, the unfortunate occurrence of shunning must have prompted you to share.

Flip

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Good for you Slip. I bet the ones you refused to shun were grateful for your human kindness. I never shunned my disfellowshipped brother-in-law and regularly saw him or visited him. He was family and the elders couldn't do anything since all my visits and contacts were "necessary family matters".

Thirdson

P.S. Slip you post from Qatar. Are you working through the list of countries or do you have a real connection to Qatar? If so, I am interested in the connection.

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Introspection
    Introspection

One thing that comes to mind for me is, aren't the baptismal numbers largely dependent on young ones? I mean really, how many people are actually going in from preaching, atleast from the USA? I guess it depends on the area but I remember that there were more young people getting baptized than bible studies.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Thirdson,

I've always believed that they were. I just saw one of them at the memorial recently and she was reinstated. I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop but she said hello and no elders have jumped me.

So, I guess she was grateful and as such didn't turn me in? I'm inactive BTW.

----
    Son of the Holy See

. o O (slipnslidemaster)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit